Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 07-11-14, 11:22 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Recaro Pole Postion is in!

The Recaro is in and the Sparco is out! I am super pleased with the Recaro, not only is the Knee area about 2" thinner than the sparco, the shoulder are also about 2" thinner. This seat fits SO MUCH better in the GD than the sparco did!

I actually slid the seat all the way towards the center of the car to start (with the mounting bracket slots) and decided I liked it there. So the distance between the seat shoulder and the B-pillar is "maxed out."

FYI, the sparco had to be set in the middle of the side-to-side adjustment due to the wide knee area, and ofcourse that didnt help the B-pillar issue. It really was a bear to try to get that thing to fit (not to mention the whole custom fabricated bracket issue...).

For those interested, I am using a Planted Tech base, Sparco sliders, and Planted side mounts.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 07-31-17 at 12:33 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0