Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 10-02-17, 03:59 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Diffuser/Underbody RE-DO

sometimes dreams do come true! LOL

I got some decent work done on the diffuser fitment/install this weekend. I figured out the two main supports, hung the diffuser and started working on trimming out the end-fences. They are fairly tricky since I'm basically trying to have them go all the way up until they hit something across their whole length. Drivers side end-fence is trimmed out to the car nicely, and the passenger side is just started. Once I finish getting the passenger side trimmed to the car, I will have to back the car down the drive way to the street to trim the back end for ground clearance. Feels like I'm getting close here

I used bolt holes for the OEM diffuser bracket to hang the two main support rods. Unfortunately they are not equal distance from the center of the car though I'm planning to add a support rod to each end fence though, so it shouldn't matter.

You can see here that the diffuser is going to stick out a bit further than the V1 setup.

As a result I'm going to mount a bar at the end painted in neon yellow just to add some visibility and draw attention to the big-ol-thing hanging off the car (which you can kind of see in this pic)

Working on the drivers side end-fence:

And one more shot with a decent view of the whole underbody to date:

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 11-01-17 at 11:43 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0