Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 08-29-16, 11:36 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Turbo Blanket Installed

Finally, to top off the weekend, I was able to go up to VIR with several friends to watch the IMSA Weathertech GT Race I have been wanting to go up for years and it was a total blast, those cars sounded so amazing! The corvettes roared around the track emanating the thunder of GOD! The Ford GTs sounded very distinct but its hard to really describe how they sounded; it was a very deep, guttural, sort of noise that almost sounded like a 4 cylinder It apparently has something to do with their wastegates dumping straight to atmosphere and being wide open the entire time. The Porsches sounds like the most heavenly exhaust note Ive ever heard! The rest of the field sounded pretty much as you would expect them to, all very nice It was awesome to get all over different portions of the track and watch the battles unfold. Got to ride to/from the track in an M6 as well which was awesome!

And here�s a short video of the start of the race, from the green flag through turn 5
https://www.youtube.com/v/mUW5WSRd4cE

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 07-06-17 at 06:05 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0