Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 12-14-15, 05:28 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Rear Diffuser Complete(ish)!

In the spirit of continued aerodynamic improvements, I've decided to add some hood vents. I know its not the same sort of aero stuff I've been looking at so far, but I still think it will be beneficial, and that's the key.

I just picked up a set of these aluminum vents from rodlouvers.com for pretty cheap:

I'm planning to locate them about like this:

please disregard the poor MS Paint skillz

Originally I wanted to weld them to the hood flush (hence buying aluminum panels) for an OEMish look, but it seems that will be very difficult to do. So now the plan is to just rivet them on before the hood gets painted. It will be slightly more 'racecar' look than I was going for, but with the matching paint it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm going to place them immediately behind the radiator to have them as far forward as possible to take advantage of the low pressure zone on the front area of the hood, and have them to the sides of the hood scoop.

I've been noticing how bad the paint is chipping on the hood from rocks and stuff, so this gives me an excuse to get a fresh coat of blue on the whole hood. As soon as its cured, I'm going to put some laminex or something on the hood to protect the paint from future dings...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 08-03-17 at 01:18 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0