Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 09-10-16, 06:30 PM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Turbo Blanket Installed

RE: Turbo Blanket effectiveness

So I have now had the opportunity to drive with and without a turbo-blanket and monitoring intake air temps on the throttle-body side of the intercooler. It certainly makes a big difference!

Before the blanket, cruising down the highway would usually yield intake temps 15deg above ambient, sometimes as low as 10deg above. WITH the blanket, I am regularly seeing 5deg above ambient.

But the biggest difference is not the numbers, its how stable they are while also being cooler. Before, i would see IATs jump 50deg at an average stop light and barely come down before the next. Now, im only seeing around a 10 degree rise at stoplights and the temps come back down much quicker! So instead of averaging 25-30deg above ambient around town, its more like 10-15 average.

All in all I would highly recommend the turbo blanket, especially now that Ive been able to see the ACTUAL difference they make! I honestly did not think the IATs would be effected this dramatically, but Im certainly not complaining

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 2 Dislikes 0