Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 02-28-18, 10:52 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Rear Diffuser Revision Complete, looking into wheels

So I've been meaning to post an update on here for a couple weeks. I got laid off earlier this month and just started a new job this week (thankfully) so its been a crazy month.

But at the same time not working allowed me some time to work on the diffuser setup. I trimmed off about 4" upstream of the diffuser to reduce the rear overhang, while keeping the actual diffuser length itself. Cutting out new end-fences was the main thing I had to do to make it all work.

Hanging diffuser in new location (minus end fences)

Cutting out new end fences

First test drive to confirm fitment/clearnace

After a coat of paint and starting to patch some holes (painters tape)

Profile view

From above. Here you can see the actual overhang past the bumper is much smaller now

Finished Product. You will notice there are no more rubber skirts under here now either!

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 2 Dislikes 0