Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 12-23-13, 07:20 PM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building an Intake Air Box

It is finished! Yesterday I drove to charlotte and back so I plugged my access port in to monitor the intake temp on the drive. I only had the outside air temp from my dashboard, but I'm hoping the calibration on the two sensors is similar since they're both being read out in the ECU...

I am pleased to report that throughout the drive (at highway speeds) I was consistently between 0-3 degrees above ambient temperature (depending on traffic/clean air/etc). There was a large portion of time where i didn't have any cars in front of me and maintained intake temperature AT the ambient temperature displayed on the dash! Thats a win folks. (FYI - this intake w/o the box or bumper ram air, is reported to run at around 25-30 degrees above ambient while driving)

**please disregard the duct-tape in this picture. I have the OEM cover for that hole, but I dropped in the fender and havent gotten it back out yet...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-06-17 at 03:18 AM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0