Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 12-29-17, 05:04 PM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Diffuser/Underbody Completed!

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you got some car parts

I got a couple little new things to share. A Kartboy "tallboy" shifter, a custom machined shifter extension my Dad made, titanium brake shims, and a set of new speakers for the front doors.

Also had enough free time to mount up the quick connect latches for the bumper corners.

Wasn't able to fit the bumper-side of the latch high enough to re-use the holes I drilled for the home-depot version of bumper latches. So I filled them with epoxy and then added some touch-up paint (still wet in the pic).

From Russia with love

Tallboy shifter with some heat shrink on it to prevent rattling:

And here's the shifter extension. I gave my dad the spec's to machine this from stainless steel but I wasn't sure how high I wanted the extension to be. This one is about 3" tall, but hes making one that is 6" tall as well.

So far the extension, coupled with the short shifter (and already having done all the shifter bushings) feels amazing, and totally natural! I'm excited to see how the other one works after he gets around to machining it. Its nice to have a machinist in the family

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 12-29-17 at 06:33 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0