So I decided to play with the idea of a brake duct setup, but seeing as thats not very relevant for street driving, I decided to build what could become a brake duct, but is used as a "Ram" intake on the road. I do not have the factory air box, so my short-ram intake is just sucking up hot engine-bay air... Now it would've been a good idea to record some intake temperatures before and after to see the effectiveness... but I missed that boat. I may try to find out a little later though (by blocking off the ram air for a control temp).
First I picked up some super cheap, painted, fog-light surrounds on ebay (they are not OEM, but they are darn close), then I went to Lowes for the rest.
I picked up a piping reducer to attach to the fog surround, some JB Weld, a aluminum flexible duct (I was actually looking for a vinyl fabric one...), some window screen material and a piping "pitch pocket" (which i did not need).
Test-Fit the reducer/piping/screen material:
JB Welding the fog surround and the reducer. NOTE, I removed the piping and mesh for this part. After mixing up a ton of JB Weld and liberally applying it, the reducer kept trying to slip off, so I had to hold it on for a good 20 minutes, until i could manage to stack a ton of crap on it while i cured...