Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 01-29-17, 11:37 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building Oil Cooler Setup

It has begun! Test fitting the new oil cooler core. It hangs a little lower than I wanted but it will still have a little clearance above the bottom panels so it should be okay. Gotta notch out some more room for the lines in the beatrush undertray too.

Can I just say bolting this onto the crash bar was way harder than I thought it would be. Almost all the bolts I attempted to use either stripped or the hole stripped and wouldn't hold them... Wound up getting progressively bigger bolts until I finally got it to hold. I still am not thrilled with it but the cooler is rigid. Threw on some loctite for good measure as well.

Also hung the tow strap I bought like a year ago. Had to source a M14x1.5 bolt 100mm long. Now I wont have to install a tow hook at the track, I can just pull this through the bumper

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 08-04-17 at 04:47 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0