Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 08-29-16, 10:28 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Turbo Blanket Installed

So it's been a little slow on the car front lately. Having an 8-week-old child and a nearly 3-year-old toddler doesn't leave much time for cars, let alone sleeping.

Anyway, I finally got around to spending some time in the garage Saturday. I finally installed my new turbo blanket, which looks WAY better than my old one. I had the PTP Lava blanket before, which wasn't bad, but it came with wire instead of springs for holding it on and I now much prefer the springs. The new one I got from a semi-local company called Moore Performance. This one is their expensive carbon fiber backed one, which I purchased 75% because it had the highest heat rating, and 25% because bling This one came with two springs for holding the blanket on, which helped me get it pulled in the right directions and fit nicely. Oh, and the only reason I bought a new one is because when you a remove a heat-cycled turbo blanket, it sort of crumbles apart a bit. They're pretty much a one-time install kind of item it appears.

Also did a few other minor ancillary items, and was nice to finally get some stuff done.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 08-04-17 at 04:15 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0