Spent a little more time on the diffuser this weekend. Decided to change up the plans a little bit. Initially I was going to have the entire rear bumper covered by diffuser (as shown in previous pictures) but I realized this was not ideal. Having the diffuser stretch over behind the wheel was going to catch high pressure air off the rear wheels and that's not what I want.
So I decided to cut the ends of the diffuser flush with the width of the phase 3 panels which makes a lot more sense. Next I started working on the end-fences to block out that high pressure air around the wheels and such. I got the driver's side one pretty much taken care of. I'm going to try to do more inside the wheel-well further forward as well, but I didn't get that far.
I went ahead and removed the rear mudflaps as well. They aren't really doing anything besides creating drag on the roadways anyhow. Front mudflaps will remain for the sake of the paint down the sides of the car.
Once I'm finished with the other end fence I'm going to head off to see a friend with a welder to stitch all these seams together permanently
Also went karting with the local subie club this weekend. I may have won the pole in both races