IW STi Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Rear Diffuser Revision Complete, looking into wheels

TC105s are awesome. Not the lightest option but look nice and are very strong. Pretty sure Tilton Evo was on them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042

TC105s are awesome. Not the lightest option but look nice and are very strong. Pretty sure Tilton Evo was on them.

Yeah, I imagine wheels lighter than this one are going to be $$$ :lol:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Late to the game, but I would definitely recommend the TC105N's. Not that I have any bias there :p

18's should clear brembos without a spacer fine I'd think. The TC's are designed with BBK clearance in mind so stock brembos should be no issue.

I really like the latest round of changes/finalization to the diffuser - great work!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,044
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Wheel swap time

Aaaaand look what I have:

Big thanks to Drew for hooking me up again!

Now to see about some tires so I can get these beauties on the car :devil:

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Yep want to see them.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

These are good. Very very good.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,051

Wow, this weekend has gotten crazy all the sudden. So much "life" so little time! Might be selling/buying homes so if I get inactive for a while, thats why.

But before that, I at least owe you some pictures of the new wheels! The change from 17 to 18 seemed like a bigger one than I was expecting but I realized thats partially due to the shape of the wheel itself. The Weds have a shallower barrell shape than the SSRs which makes them feel "larger."

At first I was worried it was too much, but now that they've been on a few days and I'm getting used to the look, I absolutely love it! This is the size I should've bought to begin with :cool: OH, and the color. :domo: So much win!

·
Registered
899 Posts

HECK YES!

The new wheels look SO RIGHT on your car, Aaron! 18" was the right choice for sure, well done!!! :naughty:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

It looks in perfect harmony with the rest of the package. Well done.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Those look awesome. I don't normally care too much for 18s on the GD chassis but those fit the car perfectly.
This is exactly where I'm at. I'm a diehard believer that 17's belong on GD's (with some wiggle room for BBK clearance and/or flares), but it works with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
694 Posts

Question for you...

Since you've dug pretty deep on the physics behind diffusers... what would you look for in choosing an aftermarket one?

I'm pretty interested in getting one -- mostly for the look, honestly. However, since it seems like most of the aftermarket ones require some fairly fixed mounting (drilling)... I'm only really interested in getting one that's functional as well.

Some of the ones like APR I'd imagine are pretty good... but are also quite a bit of change. There's some in the $200 ish range that *look* similar, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Any insights you might be able to offer?

1041 - 1060 of 1193 Posts