IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
ok so i'm still really confused with the BOV and i'm still new to subaru's and turbos.... i tried reading the posts and it just adds to my confusion.... i bought my 04 and it already had a HKS bov and a injen cai... should i get my BOV taken off??? and if i do do i need to replace it with a part that came stock?
yeah better replace it with the stock BPV

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought my 07 with a GFB BOV on it and it seems to run fine. Is it really going to cause problems or damage the engine?? Should I spend the money to go back to the stock

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought my 07 with a GFB BOV on it and it seems to run fine. Is it really going to cause problems or damage the engine?? Should I spend the money to go back to the stock
if you can run it full recirc it should be the same thing, unless im still not getting it.

Im just trying to find a stronger bov/bpv full recirc jic i get into to much boost for the stock one, but even then you guys are saying get a better bpv over an aftermarket full recirc bov?:confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
you CAN run a bov on the sti, jus make sure you get it tuned for it, unless you like running rich and backfire and such

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is was wondering with a 50/50 recirculated blow off valve will there still be the issue of ruff idling? Also for somone that has gotten there car tunned for a bov. Does this idling issue still occur? Thanks

·
Administrator
5,817 Posts
Is was wondering with a 50/50 recirculated blow off valve will there still be the issue of ruff idling? Also for somone that has gotten there car tunned for a bov. Does this idling issue still occur? Thanks
I really cannot see the point other then the sound for anyone on the stock or stock like turbo. Unless your running massive boost, you should not need anything more then the stock BPV. Get an intake and you will hear it....Nothing personal, but I have been answering these questions for the last 3.5 years...hahahaha

·
Registered
113 Posts
So, is there a point of diminishing returns on a BPV? It seems like the general consensus is that BOV's on a non-tuned, low boost sti is pointless and potentially HP harmful... but if I get tuned, and up the boost and all that jazz, wouldn't a BPV still be better than a BOV? I mean why get your car tuned for a BOV when a BPV is potentially better?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
^ Choice and noise. Noise mainly in most cases, and some cases with more than 24psi an aftermarket bov or bpv is required

·
Registered
109 Posts
My car came with an HKS BOV, it runs fine but I am wondering if it is hurting fuel economy since it runs rich between shifts? I read through about 5 pages of this post before I decided to just ask. I'm still on my first tank of gas so I don't have an accurate reading on my MPG's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont want to start another BOV thread, but I dont feel like reading through 12 pages of this thread, so I will ask my question here:

DO any re-circulating BOVs create any more noise than factory one? I am thinking about going with the Perrin BOV, but if it isn't any louder I wont bother. I dont want to run a BOV vented so if there aren't any that will give me what I want I will keep the stocker.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I dont want to start another BOV thread, but I dont feel like reading through 12 pages of this thread, so I will ask my question here:

DO any re-circulating BOVs create any more noise than factory one? I am thinking about going with the Perrin BOV, but if it isn't any louder I wont bother. I dont want to run a BOV vented so if there aren't any that will give me what I want I will keep the stocker.

Thanks!

Get an intake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just spent the last 15min reading throught alot of bull. ok for all the bov haters. seriously grow up. sowhat. someone wants to hear a bov. IMO if u buy a $35,xxx turbo car u should be able to hear the turbo spooling and atleast a little bov/bpv. "durrr its fast and furious stuff" whatever. i just put a perrin cai on my parents 09 sti and u can hear the turbo spool and the bpv now. we tried the air silencer delete and we didnt hear a dam thing. second if u go with a fmic kit perrin offers a blow through maf set up so u can run the stock maf and a open atmosphere bov and hear all the noise u want and run whatever bov u want. AS LONG AS THE BOV IS BEFORE THE MAF IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF THE BOV IS AFTER THE MAF IT WILL CAUSE A BIG RICH CONDITION. PERIOD! ANY MAF CAR IS LIKE THIS! DSM'S HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thanks!
i would imagine that an aftermarket recirculating bov would be louder regardless. but as stated in my previous post. install a perrin cai. u hear everything.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
i just spent the last 15min reading throught alot of bull. ok for all the bov haters. seriously grow up. sowhat. someone wants to hear a bov. IMO if u buy a $35,xxx turbo car u should be able to hear the turbo spooling and atleast a little bov/bpv. "durrr its fast and furious stuff" whatever. i just put a perrin cai on my parents 09 sti and u can hear the turbo spool and the bpv now. we tried the air silencer delete and we didnt hear a dam thing. second if u go with a fmic kit perrin offers a blow through maf set up so u can run the stock maf and a open atmosphere bov and hear all the noise u want and run whatever bov u want. AS LONG AS THE BOV IS BEFORE THE MAF IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF THE BOV IS AFTER THE MAF IT WILL CAUSE A BIG RICH CONDITION. PERIOD! ANY MAF CAR IS LIKE THIS! DSM'S HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
:rofl:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't want to create a new thread so here is my situation.

After reading the threads, my HKS BOV which is installed for a few hours should be taken out i guess? I enjoy the sound but neither do I want problems.

Many of you say the 50/50 is a better option, but I have searched the forums and could not find if the HKS BOV can go 50/50?

The current mods I have is the HKS Legamax Catless Downpipe, Mid/Catback.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I didn't want to create a new thread so here is my situation.

After reading the threads, my HKS BOV which is installed for a few hours should be taken out i guess? I enjoy the sound but neither do I want problems.

Many of you say the 50/50 is a better option, but I have searched the forums and could not find if the HKS BOV can go 50/50?

The current mods I have is the HKS Legamax Catless Downpipe, Mid/Catback.

Any help would be much appreciated.
yes, stock BPV will be better. I would suggest an intake if you want the sound.

You really need to grow up a bit and research, you are coming off as an ignorant little child. But I will admit, I love how you are hooking up your parents car. Also, to let you know, the perrin intake is more than likely leaning out your parents car. So now if they blow a ringland, guess who got their warranty clain denied ;).

101 - 120 of 159 Posts