IW STi Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I think it has to be. For one, I don't think the GTX3071 would be capable of that kind of power on that dyno, unless it reads much higher than Harvey's old dyno. Second, power delivery before boost is almost identical which I don't see happening between two different dynos on two different days with different turbos...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone heard of more results from these turbos? I'm getting sick of the incredibly late spool my FP Green has and have been looking to make a switch.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone heard of more results from these turbos? I'm getting sick of the incredibly late spool my FP Green has and have been looking to make a switch.
I have a new motor with the GTX 3071r GEN II broken in and started the tune for 91 and it was being choked out it by my smaller intake. Waiting for a KSTECH bug maf, and I’ll update with number for 91 and E85. So for I was at 420 on 91 with stock like spool. I am still TMIC... I can post my final results if KSTECH even sends use the intake... been 3 weeks now and no response.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Do you mean the G-Series? The GTX Gen IIs have been out for a good bit now. The results we've seen on the EJ25 engines with a GTX Gen II are ~10% power increase with no loss in spool/response.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you mean the G-Series? The GTX Gen IIs have been out for a good bit now. The results we've seen on the EJ25 engines with a GTX Gen II are ~10% power increase with no loss in spool/response.
Sorry, yes. I meant the G25-550 and G25-660 models. Apparently they're even better than the GTX Gen IIs despite being smaller.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I've had one sitting here for about 5 months now. Laser scanned and in CAD ready to go. Just not had the time to devote to it yet :(

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
G25-660 vs gtx3071gen2 would be the correct comparison, unfortunately this is just a test between a larger and smaller turbo, so still not conclusive.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Although, they picked up way more low end compared to what was lost up top. Area wise, it's still a decent gain with the smaller turbo.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts