IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I think it has to be. For one, I don't think the GTX3071 would be capable of that kind of power on that dyno, unless it reads much higher than Harvey's old dyno. Second, power delivery before boost is almost identical which I don't see happening between two different dynos on two different days with different turbos...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone heard of more results from these turbos? I'm getting sick of the incredibly late spool my FP Green has and have been looking to make a switch.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone heard of more results from these turbos? I'm getting sick of the incredibly late spool my FP Green has and have been looking to make a switch.
I have a new motor with the GTX 3071r GEN II broken in and started the tune for 91 and it was being choked out it by my smaller intake. Waiting for a KSTECH bug maf, and I’ll update with number for 91 and E85. So for I was at 420 on 91 with stock like spool. I am still TMIC... I can post my final results if KSTECH even sends use the intake... been 3 weeks now and no response.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Do you mean the G-Series? The GTX Gen IIs have been out for a good bit now. The results we've seen on the EJ25 engines with a GTX Gen II are ~10% power increase with no loss in spool/response.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you mean the G-Series? The GTX Gen IIs have been out for a good bit now. The results we've seen on the EJ25 engines with a GTX Gen II are ~10% power increase with no loss in spool/response.
Sorry, yes. I meant the G25-550 and G25-660 models. Apparently they're even better than the GTX Gen IIs despite being smaller.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I've had one sitting here for about 5 months now. Laser scanned and in CAD ready to go. Just not had the time to devote to it yet :(

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
G25-660 vs gtx3071gen2 would be the correct comparison, unfortunately this is just a test between a larger and smaller turbo, so still not conclusive.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Although, they picked up way more low end compared to what was lost up top. Area wise, it's still a decent gain with the smaller turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Folks,

Here's a G35-900
Dyno results:
500 whp & 454 ft-lbs @ 24psi Pump Gas/Meth.
603 whp & 546 ft-lbs @ 32.5 psi Pump Gas/Meth.

1583234819414.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the physical size of the G35-900? Same as the 3576?
Same turbine inducer and exducer size, different blade pitch and count (one less Blade on the G35 turbine compared to the GTX35 turbine). Compressor wheel inducer is slightly bigger on the 900 compressor than on the gen2 '76 compressor.

Take a look at the compressor and turbine maps though; the total mass flow on the G35-900 matches the GTX3582r compressor, if you study the pressure ratios and mass flow rates etc on the compressor and turbine maps (which I did before deciding on the turbo setup) you will see that the turbo is more equivalent to the gen 2 gtx3582r, only differing in that the 0.83 A/R turbine housing is 4% more efficient, flows 3 lb/min more for the same A/R, and the compressor operates 7% more efficiently at the choke line if you operate at a absolute pressure ratio of 3.2 (Approx 32 psi at sea level). in short, if someone concludes that this turbo is equivalent to the gtx3576r, they can do so only by virtue of the compressor exducer size of 76mm.

This turbo loves +30 psi even more than the GTX3582...just look at where the efficiency islands sit with respect to the pressure ratios.

Images all taken off of garrettmotion.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
IB_8229 are you running IWG or recirc EWG?
I'm running a Tial 44mm vband ewg with the dump tube rerouted back into an Invidia catless downpipe that feeds to a double resonated Invidia Q300 catback. The uppipe is a custom fabricated piece which is vbanded to the headers, and vbanded to the turbine housing inlet. An external dump tube would probably have allowed for more power, but would have been noisier. The setup is pretty quiet on boost as you can hear in the video I posted earlier.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Thanks for the reply! We're trying to get info from Garrett in the IWG V-band housings, but so far they only offer it with the small ones :(

81 - 100 of 107 Posts