IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
It won't drop right into anything at this point, but I'm hoping we can change that. I have some thoughts rolling around, which should best the Spoolinator setup in design.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Well if you need someone to run a prototype, you know I’m an early adopter. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Talking about the dome 1.5 with 8 cm hotside, was that on a ej 207 or ej 257 ?

I have a built ej257 and picked up 30 hp by go up to the 10cm hotside, all with identical spool.

Got 430 whp at 24psi with 8 cm hotside and 460 whp at same boost and spool with the 10 cm hotside.
According to Blouch Tech the 8 cm are for ej 207, and with that on ej 257 you lose peak hp.
And thats exactly what i experience.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Build is done but I'm still not up to full boost. Very happy with the turbo but the atp kit sucked my tuner said for the price the fittings were garbage.

On e85 i had it up to 22 psi and it made 400whp 475wtq. Were going for close to 30 psi come spring
Build info or build journal??
It won't drop right into anything at this point, but I'm hoping we can change that. I have some thoughts rolling around, which should best the Spoolinator setup in design.
Any more info? Like always you've piqued my curiosity/interest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am swapping out my Gen 1 GTX3071 with a 0.63 Tial hotside for a G25-660. I am modifying the flanges on the up and downpipes, new custom inlet, and have had a new clutch installed, but other than that the setup will be the same. I am getting tuned on the same dyno the 3071 was tuned on the end of April. I should have a good comparison between the two turbos.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am swapping out my Gen 1 GTX3071 with a 0.63 Tial hotside for a G25-660. I am modifying the flanges on the up and downpipes, new custom inlet, and have had a new clutch installed, but other than that the setup will be the same. I am getting tuned on the same dyno the 3071 was tuned on the end of April. I should have a good comparison between the two turbos.
Keep us posted! Im still loving my gen 2 35r but definitely interested in the new g series. The jump between a 3071 to the g25 660 will be pretty significant.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep us posted! Im still loving my gen 2 35r but definitely interested in the new g series. The jump between a 3071 to the g25 660 will be pretty significant.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
The G25-660 has been on for a week or so. I still haven't gotten tuned, yet. Hopefully I will be on the dyno the end of next week. I haven't opened it up yet, but initial thoughts are that it is more responsive than the 3071, the power feels more linear down low. I'll report back with more quantifiable numbers when I have them.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You should ask the tuner to do an overlay of your old dyno if they still have it on file. That'd be a great comparison for the community.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This was yesterday with the G25-660:

Garrett G25-660 Subaru - YouTube

Here are my original results on the GTX3071r:

Hoots! - YouTube

I made the switch because the CHRA on the 3071 was leaking oil after 46,000 miles.
Unfortunately, we did not get a good comparison on the same dyno. The G25-660 feels more responsive down low, but not as torquey as I would have expected. On the 3071, you could really feel when you hit the vertical section of the torque curve. The delivery on the G25-660 is smoother.

I know the car is dirty, it spent more than a month in the desert. Following that, at the airport the last two weeks waiting for me to break in the new clutch.

Here is a list of mods:

EJ257 with Cosworth pistons (99.5) and Brian Crower I beam rods built by ASF MAchine
Stock heads with bowl blend from ASF Machine
Garrett G26-660 turbo with 0.72 A/R hotside
IAG AOS
IAG Fuel rails
ID1300 injectors
Radium Engineering surge tank
Killer B Oil Pick Up
Killer B Oil Baffle
Cobb EBCS
Cobb Flex Fuel Kit
Perrin FMIC with ASF Machine piping for reversed intake manifold
Custom 3” intake
Cosworth air pump deletes
JDM TGV deletes
Killer B 2-bolt Holy Header
AMS up and down pipes, with modified down pipe to fit turbo and re-rerouted dump tube back into the down pipe
Maddad Whisper cat back exhaust
Turbosmart 40mm wastegate
Tial Q blow off valve
Exedy organic twin disk street clutch

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
so a bit more torque with the graph slightly shifted to the left. What is the price difference between these new gen turbos and the previous ones?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
so a bit more torque with the graph slightly shifted to the left. What is the price difference between these new gen turbos and the previous ones?
I don't think that's an overlay of the GTX. That looks like a timing change on the same turbo to me. Maybe two different runs/tunes with the new turbo.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts