IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I dont really like the shifer boot. too weird of a colour. I'd like to get the shift pattern engraved into the knob. it would look/feel cool!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the light of the pictures is a bit weird, the stiching is red so go figure how off it is :)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Sha_zapple said:
I'd like to get the shift pattern engraved into the knob. it would look/feel cool!
I thought about doing that if I got the Ti knob. Can it be done? It would be tough to get it straigh with the knob out of the car though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
WOW

I was wondering if the knob is smaller than the stock one and does it lower ne with the Ti knob, can ne one comment?? Also did that shift pattern decal come with the knob or the shift boot??

Nice look btw. Only thing I don't like is the fairly big zerosports logo rite on the shift boot. Too many logos in the cabin already.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it is kinda logoish but they fold away in the creaveses so you dont see it too often.. and the shift pattern sticker came with the Ti knob, id say the knob is similar in size to the stock one maybe a tad smaller

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Ti shift knob is deinitely smaller than stock - the 6sp. sticker will not adhere to the top of it (I tried EVERYTHING - even heated it up in boiling water for a min. to soften, the edges still peeled up). I've had this shifter (not the boot however) for almost a month and much prefer it to stock FWIW.

·
Registered
93 Posts
wheels

Is there somewhere else besides japanparts that you found the Ti knob, if so where and for how much. Or was it a pain to get it from Japan?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is ultra easy to get the shift knob from japan parts. they are very fast and no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yup - ordered it from JapanParts.com - they sent me an e-mail a day or so later telling me the current price (currency conversion) and I placed my order. I'd expected it to take at least 2 weeks, but like 10 days later (a Sunday, believe it or not) a USPS truck comes pulling up with this little box with Japanese lettering all over it. I was stoked - installed it right then and there. Good company IMO.

·
Registered
614 Posts
O.K. - little update for you guys. Someone had mentioned how metal shifters are COLD in the winters, and I'd thought that a Ti one wouldn't be as bad - I was wrong in my assumption. It was 44 degrees out last night and my Ti shift knob was COLD on my bare hand. It seemed to warm up quickly enough....but wanted to address this for whomever asked. Still much preferred over stock tho.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Turbs - I prefer the Ti over stock for a few reasons. 1) it's smaller - both in height and overall diameter 2) it feels better to me - now that's subjective obviously, but I like the nice smooth feel of the metal as opposed to the stitching I felt w/the stock knob and 3) it's Ti! O.K. - so # 3 is stupid, but I mtn bike too, and titanium components are very pricey (too much vs. their return IMHO) but my lust for Ti components seems to have made it onto my STi as well.....but mainly #'s 1 and 2, in that order.

T

·
0 Posts
Thanks, that's good to know. I'll have to try that and see if I like the feel myself. I myself have a thing for carbon fiber, so I hear ya on number 3 ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hehe :) mtn biking :) what an obsession for nice materials that is :) I am a victim of it too heheh.

I dont like that they put red stiching in the shifter it gets dirty and hard to clean, also the top plastic cap with the shifting pattern engraved looks a bit flimsy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts