IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a group of individuals call my car a Supra, which confuses the hell outta me, musta been the spoiler? but still doesnt make sense hahaha

·
Registered
188 Posts
A lady at a grocery store in La Jolla(ritzy part of SD) driving a nice 2.5RS(same Blue) said to me "Don't you just love 'em?"

I thought that was kinda cool(she was not young).......................

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I had some old guy in traffic tell my passenger how he was going to buy a "malibu" also. We couldn't believe he was actually talking to us at first. :O

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
AussieBorn said:
A lady at a grocery store in La Jolla(ritzy part of SD) driving a nice 2.5RS(same Blue) said to me "Don't you just love 'em?"

I thought that was kinda cool(she was not young).......................
Why did she repaint her car in WR blue instead of just buying one that was Pacifica Blue? :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had some old guy in traffic tell my passenger how he was going to buy a "malibu" also. We couldn't believe he was actually talking to us at first. :O
Yikes! I would've been pretty offended if someone calls my STi a chevy malibu. I don't care how old the man is, those 2 don't shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. :evil:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had three people (middle aged men) refer to my STi and a "Evo".

One of which refused to believe me when I corrected him, as though I didn't have the capacity to know my own damn car. He was driving an Olds Alero.

- Janq

T

·
0 Posts
One guy at work thought it was a Neon, the other two guys with us sure corrected him pretty quick.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Interested in STi

Ive been called a MUSTANG twice!! Sheet you not! Also, my car has been referred as an EVO from 2F2F... l. :-?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Vader2k said:
Also, my car has been referred as an EVO from 2F2F... l. :-?
I got the midlife crisis/2F2F thing again from someone that should know better... I swear, sometimes even people ya know say the dumbest things... :x

·
Registered
270 Posts
mine has never been called anything else infront of me but you get those wierd looks like WTF is that car. i get those all the time living in a place where there is only 1 STi in a 2 hr. radious.
on a lighter note, won't be hard to find if it gets stolen

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
was the sti even in 2f2f? maybe thats why no one knows what it is? As 2f2f and fatf is 95% of the import reference guide nowadays.

Robert~

·
Registered
575 Posts
did anyone see the extra footage? the technical dude was saying that the Lancer OZ Rally edition was one of the most sought after sport compacts. Lol can you say he has been paid big bucks by mitsu :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont believe STi's were out when they were making the movie? (the 04 sti model of course)

could be wrong?

i do remember there being a WRX tho, looked pretty hot hehe

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i get asked "what it is?" alot. i'm sure i'd get more comments but i tend to only be out late at night and into the early early morning hours. around here the town roads are cop free past 2am. i did get a thumbs up from a guy in a new Mini Cooper. i'm not sure if thats good or bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey sti high... unless you know the exact features and characteristics of EVERY part in your car... fat chance you would find it if it was stolen. most stolen cars are taken apart and sold as parts... you could always keep an eye out on ebay :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts