IW STi Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Your answer to "I want 400whp" (or more?!)

I would considerJE/Cosworth pistons too for tolerance/wear issues, not noise. Why not noise? Cause i have Manley 2618s and I don't notice any "extra" noise. None! If the noise is indicative of faster wear, then maybe I don't gave to worry about it :)

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Seems like the more you think you know the more you find you don't. Most people can't handle 300whp to begin with. Ide tell them set aside a tone of cash and make room for a lot of dissapointment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am at a loss to the results on my car.
s203 v8 ej207
blouch 1.5 xtr 8cm
killer b header
grimmspeed divorced dp
cobb cat back
1000 cc ID
Tomei turbo inlet
grimmspeed tmic
cobb intake
carberry rom hybrid tune
aem 50psi map sensor
arp head studs
fluidamper
tial internal wastegate actuator

94 oct gas
344 hp 309 tq

I have seen that turbo getting 2L cars close to 400 mark with those sorts of supporting mods. Truthfully I can't understand the low tq numbers.
Yes I realize this is for 2.5 motors but you guys don't have a section for ej207 sti motors.

·
Super Moderator
8,407 Posts
I am at a loss to the results on my car.
s203 v8 ej207
blouch 1.5 xtr 8cm
killer b header
grimmspeed divorced dp
cobb cat back
1000 cc ID
Tomei turbo inlet
grimmspeed tmic
cobb intake
carberry rom hybrid tune
aem 50psi map sensor
arp head studs
fluidamper
tial internal wastegate actuator

94 oct gas
344 hp 309 tq

I have seen that turbo getting 2L cars close to 400 mark with those sorts of supporting mods. Truthfully I can't understand the low tq numbers.
Yes I realize this is for 2.5 motors but you guys don't have a section for ej207 sti motors.
More info is needed... What type of dyno, how much boost, timing, etc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
honestly will prob get flamed for this but i have around 420whp and to me its honestly really not useable on the road. i will eventually push it to 500 when my block is built but to me its crazy fast already..i dunno how you 500+whp feel on the street!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
500whp is too much for the public street to the point I actually stopped yearning for any more power even though it is obligatory for me to go E85 :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I'm at 446hp/456tq right now on and I daily drive mine and I think it's perfect for the street. But then again, with cars like these, you always end up wanting more. One thing I'm going to do now instead of focusing on power is put my money on suspension and maybe tires and wheels.

·
Registered
223 Posts
500whp is too much for the public street to the point I actually stopped yearning for any more power even though it is obligatory for me to go E85 :lol:
yeah i can only imagine. e85 is so nice though. thats what i run. i havent been on pump gas in two years...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm at 446hp/456tq right now on and I daily drive mine and I think it's perfect for the street. But then again, with cars like these, you always end up wanting more. One thing I'm going to do now instead of focusing on power is put my money on suspension and maybe tires and wheels.
if your on the highway more then yeah i can see that. i do alot of in town driving so not so much for myself. i have some most of my suspension sorted out but a nice set of wheels is next on the list.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have not been here in a long time My 08 sti is a 100% Track car. Makes 400 WHP 393 WTQ on a 18G
This list it huge and is done right, I have had some fuel pick up problems to fix it this is what I have done I run 3 fuel pumps Driver side Main pick up then surge tank bosch 440 in surge tank. For heat problems Custom radiator buy Ron Davis (Performance Aluminum Radiators and Custom Aluminum Radiators) custom oil cooler.
so here is the car NCM OCT 10 2016 - YouTube

·
Registered
909 Posts
More info is needed... What type of dyno, how much boost, timing, etc.

This^

A dyno alone can shift numbers by 20%. How’s your ass feel when driving it is the real question,

I guess even better question is what speeds are you trapping in a quarter mile at what elevation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 153 of 153 Posts