IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
I do see where some stage 2 protunes are hitting 300whp. 350whp sounds high though. I'm looking through power bragging, and while there is variance, I'm not seeing it. (Not counting E85.)
I should say 350whp is about the max. So up to 350whp with EL header, EWG, injectors, intake, fuel pump, protune and fuel choice. I need to find the thread of the fella with all that and E85 making ~340ish.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Nothing had been mentioned about E85. Since lots of people don't have access to it, I still think of 93oct as being the top fuel choice unless specified in post.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Again, the only way to 400whp is with injectors 850cc or greater at least a 255lph fuel pump, higher flowing intercooler, boost controller or 3 port boost solinoid, BIGGER turbo (fp-green up to 35r your choice between stock location or rotated) intake, turbo back exauhst, a Cobb ap or open source. This will put you between 380-420whp. Add some 50/50 meth and you'll be close to 500whp.
Don't forget to upgrade your clutch.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Again, the only way to 400whp is with injectors 850cc or greater at least a 255lph fuel pump, higher flowing intercooler, boost controller or 3 port boost solinoid, BIGGER turbo (fp-green up to 35r your choice between stock location or rotated) intake, turbo back exauhst, a Cobb ap or open source. This will put you between 380-420whp. Add some 50/50 meth and you'll be close to 500whp.
Don't forget to upgrade your clutch.
...he wanted 300whp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Technically if you bump the power up you void the warranty.

·
Registered
619 Posts
you can put SPT parts on, but the only SPT part that has anything to do with making more power is the cat-back exhaust, and thats not going to be much of a gain at all, if there even is a gain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can put SPT parts on, but the only SPT part that has anything to do with making more power is the cat-back exhaust, and thats not going to be much of a gain at all, if there even is a gain.
Thank you. I am definitely looking for better sound, so I hope that CBE helps a bit. I was looking at the suspension, as well. Any insight as to whether it's worth upgrading their suspension with SPT parts?

Also, how careful do I have to be upgrading an engine with 39k on it, if I decide to go outside of the warranty? I am just curious as to how much I can really do without jeopardizing having to dump large amounts of money into this car right away. I haven't owned a sports car since I was 18, so I am a born again virgin when it comes to performance parts...:)

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
The catback is not going to gain you anything that's very noticeable other than sound. You would need to change downpipes and a tune. Also the SPT intake isn't going to net you anything beneficial unless you tune for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, thanks guys. I guess I will hold off for a year or so and get some use out of the warranty I'm paying for. If I decide to just forget it and start off with an aftermarket exhaust, any suggestions for a decent throaty sound and power gain?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Well, thanks guys. I guess I will hold off for a year or so and get some use out of the warranty I'm paying for. If I decide to just forget it and start off with an aftermarket exhaust, any suggestions for a decent throaty sound and power gain?
Plenty of suggestions, search for threads about exhausts.

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
The catback is not going to gain you anything that's very noticeable other than sound. You would need to change downpipes and a tune. Also the SPT intake isn't going to net you anything beneficial unless you tune for it.
I thought Subaru stop making SPT intakes after 2007.

Either way, doing a little research will help you a long way...

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
I thought Subaru stop making SPT intakes after 2007.

Either way, doing a little research will help you a long way...
There is one in the brochure I got a year ago. I was even asked at the dealer if I wanted one and I respectfully declined :lol:

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
There is one in the brochure I got a year ago. I was even asked at the dealer if I wanted one and I respectfully declined :lol:
Mysterious...the dealer I went to said there is no intake option for the 2008+ chassis. (My last trip to the dealer was November 2011)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thank you. I am definitely looking for better sound, so I hope that CBE helps a bit. I was looking at the suspension, as well. Any insight as to whether it's worth upgrading their suspension with SPT parts?

Also, how careful do I have to be upgrading an engine with 39k on it, if I decide to go outside of the warranty? I am just curious as to how much I can really do without jeopardizing having to dump large amounts of money into this car right away. I haven't owned a sports car since I was 18, so I am a born again virgin when it comes to performance parts...:)
turboback with a good tune is generally safe, but there is always a risk of ringland failure, even stock, but if your concerned about the warranty, I'd stick with suspension mods for now, but I wouldn't limit myself to SPT stuff, I just don't think there's much that can break in the suspension, short of wearing out your struts (check if your warranty covers wear and tear items), I'm running a set of RCE black springs and RCE sways (2 years on the springs, almost a year with the sways) and I haven't had any issues, and its completely transformed how the car feels. The only parts I'm really concerned about holding up are the endlinks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
how about getting back on topic...? enough talk of the kiddie parts...:D

lets get on the subject of water methanol injection and it's ability to aid people in reaching the 400whp mark...!!!

i'm a couple weeks away from dropping in a dom1.5xtr (2.4"/10cm) and an AEM wai kit...what sort of jetting, boost and timing are going to get me there on a stock '11 bottom end...? :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
I want 400whp... Hmmmm..., looks like I have some extra ponies :lol:

Daily driver GR heart...

SI-Drive

- Sport 1.3bar 520hp/7300rpm and 670nm/3900rpm
- Sharp Sport 1.5bar 546hp/7500prm and 712nm/4060rpm...
You are my man! :)
7500rpm FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 153 Posts