IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Starting a new members journal for my car, its getting transformed into a new car so I think a new start is a good call. well as the title states the goal is to put a 2jz into my gc8. Im bored with the ej series and awd and they wont meet my goals so I kinda see this as the end game swap to be happy with my car finally. Also I just started a shop this year so the shop car cant be built by some other shop lol. I am though working with a very good friend of mine who opened a fabrication shop as well being I have not learned to weld yet and this project is going to require just a wee bit of that lol. Ill post links to our facebooks and instagram later on as im terrible at updating threads but my ig is usually the easy solution... you can check my instagrams @Mistertwo40 or @oneninemotorworks. On facebook the same and my buddys fab shop is Ring Leader Racing.

As is im still shopping around for a good deal on a 2j swap with a 6 speed a friend of mine had a spare n/a drivetrain im borrowing so we can start cutting and chopping and making mounts. Over the weekend I finished stripping the car and we pulled the 2j and brought the shell to my buddys shop up in mass where well be working on it.

The current goal is to just get it in and running by h2o this year and after that strip it down again and go bananas. ... time is against us so pending how it goes determines how much we can squeeze in by then.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
2jz no shit?! :lol:

look forward to updates and h2o burnout videos.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
WAY cool! it's be exciting to see this project develop. good luck!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Thanks Bruce! Ive been mia for a bit but when this is running I say we finally meet up and trade cars for the day.
the sti is out since it's unregistered. youre just going to have to settle with the gtr (isfh)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

So yesterday we removed the dash and the clusterfuck of wiring harness and did the channeling on the passenger side... im headed back up this morning and we should be able to bang out the channeling on the drivers side and cut out the firewall and tranny tunnel and do the first test fit of the 2j in the car ill post some more pictures tonight when I get back home or most likely tmo while im at work because tired as shit haha

Sent from WildSteves mangina.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ok so a ton of progress yesterday channeling is all set firewall and most of the tranny tunnel is gone made the decision to go without abs so removed all of that and then the fuel lines and most importantly made a rig and got the 2j n tranny just about in position to start making everything to hold it all in lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

ok so updates.... got a 8.8 out of an exploder with some chunky axles... nabbed the actual 2jzgte that ill be using this weekend as well as ordered a rebuilt getrag from Titan Motorsports which should arrive some time today.. the front k member is close to being done and started the trans mount. .. also if anyone's never been to an engine importer its literally heaven on earth lol aside from the sea of engines for front clips they had 3 Forrester sti's, 2 evo 6s, 2 fd rx7s, a s13, a r32 with an rb26 and I believe a pulsar... a fun trip it was lol

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
man, this is some project. awesome.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts