IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the score of the century today!
A full set of Advan A046 tires from an '05 Evo VIII with about a 1,000 miles of normal wear for $200!!! I had them mounted today for another $40 for a total of $240 for a full set of 4 A046 tires. They are awesome tires and a great alternative to the stock RE070's.

Looking foward to see how they hook-up at E-Town on 10/14. See you guys there (the ones able to go that is)

Later,

qwiksilversti (its really WRB/gold, but I like qwiksilversti as a name :))

·
Registered
597 Posts
sick deal.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
great deal :D

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nice deal..

·
Authorized Vendor
2,885 Posts
I ran them before, they're great tires. they're far better than the re's IMO as well.

You can usually snag a set if you wait around till winter. Most evo owners think like the majority of sti owners..."man these tires suck in the cold & rain....let me sell them for dirt cheap online!"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yokohama Advans

They were actually off my coworker's husbands '05 Evo VIII that he had upgraded to wider tires and then traded the Evo in shortly after due to its stiff ride and his back problems. I happened to just overhear her asking if anyone knew if they know of anyone who was interested in the tires for $200. When I heard this, I was like I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ran over like a wild man..lol..I was like, hell yeah, they'll fit on my STi and the rest is history.

Update: I drove them in the rain today and I have to say that they have phenominal traction even in heavy rain. When my REs would let the rear end slide out in a hard turn, the Advans just grabbed and hooked. Yesterday, I ran a 60-0 and they stopped the car so fast it felt like I had deployed a parachute out the back of the car. SIMPLY AWESOME!!!

I am very happy

·
Registered
183 Posts
Alot of Evo owners think these tires as crack for an addict. They are so awesome, I miss them so much. I went through 3 sets before I decided they where too expensive (bought in the winter for cheap!). Once those tires wear down though, you will have issues in the rain like the RE70s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts