Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this going out for static X...
Just a couple questions before I purchase your DP wrap..
First off I have the APS 3.5" Turbo back, and I've been reading that in some instances that down pipe wrap will hold moisture and cause oxidation to the down pipe. This I have a hard time believing since the down pipe gets so hot, but a few people have said that some "wraps" come treated to prevent moisture from soaking into the material. Also am I correct in presuming that my down pipe is made of high grade stainless steel, so even if this rust/ water issue with the wrap is a big deal, that I won't have to worry about my exhaust "rotting out"?
Secondly, is your down pipe wrap treated against going up in flames? I have heard a couple horror stories on the boards, where people say that someone should only purchase certain kinds of down pipe wrap, that is treated to retard fire in that kind of a situation.
So my big concerns are: rust/ rotting of the down pipe, and worries about a potential fire hazard.. :p
My second question, is should I wait to order my vf39 prefabbed turbo wrap with my down pipe wrap in hopes of a discount?
Do you guys do any "forum member" discounts?
-- Sorry to be that guy, but I figured I'd ask, since any little bit helps a broke donkey student like me..
I'll be awaiting your response, but I don't know how long I can take since I'm dying to order this wrap stuff now! :cool:
P.S.: Your wrap comes with everything needed to last a long time right? Such as, quality clamps that I won't have to worry about "disappearing" sometime while driving, etc..

Thanks!
Jake :)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Damn you beat me to it! Just e-mail or PM the guy; no need to make a huge post about it -_-. But I guess if he answers, it might help out some of us who have similar questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.