IW STi Forum banner

How would you rate your experience with this tuner?

• Acceptable

Votes: 70 89.7%
  • Less than Acceptable

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looking to get Tuned soon at Yimisport! I was supposed to go in October, but have had some delays with getting the parts for the car. Expect a call for an appointment soon Paul.
Andre

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had my STi tuned @ Yimi about a month ago. Great results, I'm extremely happy! I started with a baseline dyno prior to any mods. Baseline ran about 256WHP and about 266wtq.

Here's a list of the mods:
DP
CAI
Boost Control
unequal length headers
Tune

Here are my numbers after the mods/tune:
303WHP, 354 torque @ the wheels.

The car runs great and the power is amazing! I'll be a customer for life!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'm getting an e-tune from them so when I get all my parts thrown on my babe I can make it to Yimi Sport safely for a proper tune on the dyno. Im getting my Blouch 20gXT, Perrin Inlet, grimmspeed EBCS, Deatschwerks 850cc's, DC Sports UEL headers, Grimmspeed up pipe, Invidia catless DP, and Perrin Cat-back (all exhaust components are heat wrapped). My appointment is in like 10 days with them so I'll let you guys know how it goes. Im so glad to find a reliable tuner, and can't wait for Paul to do his magic on my car. Anybody know what numbers I should expect on pump gas (91oct)? I also got a BOV & Perrin short ram. Stock TMIC till I save up.
^^^ that tune went amazing (345whp/340tq) & I've been running like that for the past 15 months. Now I'm going again in 3 days with these parts:
•Perrin FMIC
•KSTech 73mm MegaMaf CAI
•50/50 alky H2O kit
•Tial 38mm EWG
•Omni 4 bar MAP sensor

I am getting 2 maps for the Alky kit and just on pump.

I have total confidence with Paul to tune my car and will post results for all to see.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
^^^ that tune went amazing (345whp/340tq) & I've been running like that for the past 15 months. Now I'm going again in 3 days with these parts:
•Perrin FMIC
•KSTech 73mm MegaMaf CAI
•50/50 alky H2O kit
•Tial 38mm EWG
•Omni 4 bar MAP sensor

I am getting 2 maps for the Alky kit and just on pump.

I have total confidence with Paul to tune my car and will post results for all to see.
I am extremely satisfied with the tune from Paul… again!
386whp/382wtq on 50/50 alcohol spray @ 23psi along with the other mods above.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Haven't gotten a tune from them yet but I did get work done. Had my clutch swapped out Dec 5th 2012 and couldn't be happier. Called ahead and was quoted half the labor price than everyone else. They also recommended me a different clutch than the one I was looking at, half the price, same grip, but got the grip with material enhancements instead of plate pressure. Meaning no chatter, feels exactly like stock but has the performance I was looking for. They put up with my million and one questions answered them all patiently. Overall their goal is to save you money while getting the job done. I will not take my car anywhere else but them from now on. I can't wait until I get my full build and tune from them.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Re: Re: Yimi Sport Tuning

Haven't gotten a tune from them yet but I did get work done. Had my clutch swapped out Dec 5th 2012 and couldn't be happier. Called ahead and was quoted half the labor price than everyone else. They also recommended me a different clutch than the one I was looking at, half the price, same grip, but got the grip with material enhancements instead of plate pressure. Meaning no chatter, feels exactly like stock but has the performance I was looking for. They put up with my million and one questions answered them all patiently. Overall their goal is to save you money while getting the job done. I will not take my car anywhere else but them from now on. I can't wait until I get my full build and tune from them.
Can you pm the price you paid for a clutch install?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have an appointment for tomorrow to get my DP put on and a Stage 2 tune. I'm currently running rich on the OTS AP Stage 1 map, so hopefully a protune will sort all this out.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Your going to love it. Paul is a great tuner & my car is still running perfectly. I've had him tune it 4 times & I was extremely satisfied every time. I just buy too many parts lol.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i thought i had already responded to this thread. anyway, big fan of Yimi, the price is reasonable and the staff is great. I moved up to nor cal but i drive the car down to get things installed and tuned, and will probably head back in a year or two for a bigger turbo. Can't go wrong w/ the Pauls. Have fun tomorrow!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sitting in the waiting room right now. Car just got off the dyno after a Stage 2 tune; 290WHP and 321WTQ on their dynojet. Only performance bits are an AEM CAI, Invidia Q300 TBE, and Grimmspeed EBCS.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Did you do a baseline dyno first? I did that with mine...just to get a rough estimate of the gains. I'm sure it's like a completely different car now. Enjoy!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Did you do a baseline dyno first? I did that with mine...just to get a rough estimate of the gains. I'm sure it's like a completely different car now. Enjoy!
Didn't have time for one. I was on an OTS Stage 1 map that wasn't running that well, so I didn't want to have a bunch of WOT pulls done on it at that point.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wow, car pulls so much stronger after the stage 2 tune compared to the Cobb OTS stage 1 map. Definitely worth every penny. Also very confusing, but I only realized now that there are 2 Pauls. One is the owner, the other is the tuner.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The guys at Yimi did a bunch of fabrication for me too.

APT 30R EWG Heat Shield
Downpipe / EWG replumb with bolts on the bottom for easy off
TMIC oversize shroud
Catch can/air oil separator setup
Intercooler piping
Aero

etc etc

Quality work in Socal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
These guys are the shizzle nizzle! I had 3 different tune and cars over the years with these guys are talented tuners. I hope at least one the Pauls genetics carry on....

41 - 60 of 81 Posts