IW STi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18" rims & tires

I have just faxed my Purchase order yesterday to Motorsports Specialties in PA(www.usacomp.com), the distributors of Compomotive (made in England, www.compomotive.com) wheels here in US. Allen Paxton and I spoke and Compomotive UK is currently in design engineering review this week and strongly considering slight modifications to their 16" * 7" version casting molds of the TH3 "run-flat wheels with the appropriate 48-50 mm offset range we need. The full intent will be for a strong, light weight 16" wheel to bolt on for winter use over the brembos with no mods.

I was the second person to place an order for 5 silver colored wheels per this information. Each wheel cost $310.00 +shipping Someone else in Montana seems to be the first. As others like Janq have noted, these wheels are the real deal for strength and reliability. If rally racers can trust them.....so can we.

Contact Allen Paxton or Belinda at Motorsports Specialties if you are interested or willing to fax in an order. (800-621-8408 phone, 717-786-3496 fax)

I plan on then ordering a set of 5 205 55 16 VR rated Dunlop Winter Sport M3 (Runflat variety). (see www.tirerack.com)

This should make for excellent fun!!!! and a little more rubber between me and the road on upcoming Michigan TSD rally events and SCCA Prorally event working.

I will keep everybody posted.......do I sense a possible group buy coming from those that live in the snowbelt or mountains??????

Please: :) I have posted this same message on NASIOC as FYI, so pardon the redundancy........

·
Registered
46 Posts
That someone in Montana would be me :) I hope to be getting my Compomitive MO's in 16x7 next week. I was actually expecting them this week. I'll definitly be letting everyone know when they arrive and if they fit! I'm planning on running a Hakkapelitta Q in 205/55 16.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great!!! I thought Allen said that you were the 1st to order the TH3 wheel at 16*7. I guess he was meaning the first 16*7 wheel order...leaving out the MO part!! :) In any event, I would possibly consider the MO but I like the closed design of the TH3. We will definitely have to compare notes on the Hakka Q vs. Dunlap M3. Where are you getting your Hakka Qs'?

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is a local tire shop here that carries Nokian tires. I just want to make sure the wheels will fit before I order the tires! My second choice for snow tire is the Blizzak WS-50. I hope they show up soon - it's tried to snow here a couple times all ready!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I can't wait to see it. After seeing yet another 17" rim (Rota Tarmac IIs) come oh-so-close to the caliper diametral-wise....I really have to see a 16" rim fit before I believe it.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
its gonna have to be the closest fit ever! :D

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
any news one these wheels yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The wheels haven't arrived yet. For some reason Compomitve is being a very slow getting them shipped out. I just hope it means they are doing their research and making sure they fit! It's starting to get a little cold here so I'm getting a tad anxious about making sure they fit and getting snow tires in time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
considering slight modifications to their 16" * 7" version casting molds of the TH3
By looking at their website, the TH3 doesn't come in 16x7", but the TH2 does, is it a TH2 perhaps?

Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures of them on your car (closeups too please).

If this works, I think Compomotive will probably get a mad dash on these wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: STI Foglight cover Decal

ESPN said:
considering slight modifications to their 16" * 7" version casting molds of the TH3
By looking at their website, the TH3 doesn't come in 16x7", but the TH2 does, is it a TH2 perhaps?

Anyway, I can't wait to see pictures of them on your car (closeups too please).

If this works, I think Compomotive will probably get a mad dash on these wheels.
mtcossie, mtcossie,
Hi,
Do the Compomitive MO's in 16x7 fit?
I think the TH2 and 3 are supper ugly but would just like to see some (any) 16" wheels fit the STI.
Thanks
foghatSTI
[email protected]

·
Registered
251 Posts
How much does the TH3 weigh?
(in 16 and 17" varieties)

Seems to be the only 17" wheel that comes in the correct 53mm offset. Ugly, too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 16x7 MO's have shipped from England. If all goes well and all four show up I should have them this week.

·
Registered
99 Posts
RDiamond said:
How much does the TH3 weigh?
(in 16 and 17" varieties)

Seems to be the only 17" wheel that comes in the correct 53mm offset. Ugly, too!
They aren't ment to look good. they are ment to stand up to some off road action!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
add another silver/silver to the fold...

Mtcossie, have you received the MOs'? Do the fronts fit? I expect that the rears fit no problem....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nope, I haven't receive them yet. For some reason they just seem to be having problems shipping these wheels out from England. I'm really hoping to get them this week. Motorsport Specialties has been really good about it. Good thing winter has been slow coming here! I have high hopes that they will fit after examining the 17's on my Cosworth (13" rotors with 4 pot AP Racing calipers).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts