IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CloNeGTS said:
Just use ASF Recorder to "grab" it
wicked cool. THANKS. didn't know this existed. now i wonder if there's something similar for grabbing (real, wmp, etc) audio streams? will do some digging. now, what do you say we forget about that big toe thing, okay? :(

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: That is right. See the STi tonight!

alfredob1 said:
...I grabbed the asf but when I tried I couldn't play back the recording. :(
same here. :( i'm gonna fiddle with it for a bit though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jason Murly

Like others, I am getting the following error once the file is saved to disk:

"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. The server name, shared directory name, or file name may be incorrect.

Check the file name and path for any misspellings or discrepancies. If this error message persists, contact your content provider for the correct location of the file you want to play."

What it sounds like to me is that ASXRecorder isn't removing the URL reference from the file. So, when you play it, the first thing it does is go look for the file on the internet.

Has anyone got this working yet?

-ch

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hyperion said:
What it sounds like to me is that ASXRecorder isn't removing the URL reference from the file. So, when you play it, the first thing it does is go look for the file on the internet.
yeah, that was my conclusion also. however, since i'm still connected to the net, why doesn't it find it? <shrug> no luck yet.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's See Some STi Photo's

CloNeGTS said:
Yeah...haven't figured it out yet. It's all there (27.5 mb)....it's just getting screwed up in the header somewhere.
i open the file with quickview and viewed it in hex mode. i know nothing about what an wmv should look like, but the file is more than 90% zeros. very different from the other wmv has significantly fewer big chunks of zeroes. i think the program is buggy..

·
Registered
541 Posts
The readme file states that the program only works with Media Player 6.4, NOT with version 7. Apparently the old version stays on your machine when you upgrade, so you just have to find the other executable.

But mine still didn't work... :(

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agent Chobos said:
The readme file states that the program only works with Media Player 6.4, NOT with version 7...But mine still didn't work... :(
that was my experience also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was that 8 minutes 6 seconds at the Nurburgring??? What mods did the Subaru have? That's a very impressive time!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sweet! That was awesome!! God i love track racing. Thats where my sti will be most of the time. I can't understand the fascination so many people have with drag racing. Driving a car in a straight line is so boring to me. I almost never drag race. Only if i need a 1/4 mile time for my cars. Then its all track after that. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I used that program, it never finished the download. Therefore it never worked. I did use it on another asx that I had and it worked fine (A Yokohama Commercial that showed 4-5 cars drifting for about 20 min).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts