IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 2089 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: yamahaSHO - Now with MOAR 20G!

I'm also dying to get some PLX multi-gauges, with lots of sensors. Has yours been as good as you expected?

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #122

I love the PLX multi-gauge. If I didn't already have so many gauges in my SHO, I would have gotten another. I do wish I had known they were coming out with a touchscreen one sooner. I don't really care for the control fob and the touch screen would get rid of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Very clean install, thanks for the pics and video.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

I sent plx an email asking some questions, because I dug up these specs:

DM-100 160x128 pixels
DM-6 124x36 pixels (capacitive touch bezel)

I'd rather have the resolution.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)

I think it is lower resolution becaue they added the outer LED's. I like it. I only use the big numeric display anyway. All the cool little gauges you can make generally don't turn out to be very useful.

I just sent them an e-mail... I JUST put a DM-5 in my SHO and would LOVE to replace it with a DM-6. I may have a DM-5 for sale soon, but it's not a multi-gauge. I want to do it for no other reason than I want to. :wave:

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

I am torn between the Process West TMIC and NOW the ETS TMIC. They both seem awesome... Just not enough info for either. Right now, I'm heavily leaning toward the ETS anodized black. Any thoughts?

Also, related to my SHO, I will be replacing my 3 month old DM-5 gauge with the DM-6 when it comes out in October. I'm told it will be $100 and will plug in to my existing setup. Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Looking at the picture they posted on NASIOC, the stock rubber will fit around the IC, but it will probably completely fold over to make the seal. If they get back with me today, I'll probably order today.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #133

Bought the ETS anodized in black. Now I need to pick up some T-bolt clamps and a 90 degree hose. I will likely replace the IC to TB hose too. Stock always seemed short.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

I had to go with a Pegasus racing hump-hose to get my TMIC to TB hose to fit securely. :(

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

Got my ETS TMIC in the mail today. I am waiting on new hoses and clamps, however, so far it seems to fit better than stock. I say that because with the new turbo (Blouch 20G), the upper water pipe would contact the stocker and would not allow me to mount it. I was sourcing parts to be able to make a custom adjustable water line, but I dropped the new intercooler in and tilted it down and it did not make contact with the water pipe.

Build quality looks great and I even had ETS put some extra support on the mounting tabs just in case... I'll know better about fitment when my hoses an clamps are in, but currently I am pretty excited about this!

I did find one small scratch up front that happened after anodizing. Given that this is a car part that will likely be handled fairy often, it's not a huge deal... Nothing my anodizing pen couldn't fix (black Sharpie :)).

I'll be painting the "STi" logo on in red.

My new GFB BOV/BPV comes in tomorrow and it looks like I won't be able to use the studs :(. Oh well, no biggie.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Re: yamahaSHO - Received an ETS TMIC!

I may have spoken to soon on the ETS fitment. Although the core and it's shape fit well, the mounting tabs don't line up with my brackets while keeping the outlet center with the throttle body. The passenger side also sits lower than the drivers side. The outlet may also need raised.

I've been e-mailing ETS about the issue, so I'll update on the outcome.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

It happens. I was a bit worried about being one of the first to buy because of this, but ETS is being very helpful and I just fired off a bunch of pictures like they asked. I'm one of those guys that wants perfect, clean, OEM-like fitment when I build cars.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #140

I always knew I was anal with cars, but apparently it's handy. My not wanting to man-handle the IC to get it to fit was enough for ETS to take a look at their jig for the pre-08 models where they found the tab locations to be a little off.

ETS sent me a shipping label to get the IC back to fix it. They'll move the brackets and re-anodize it. So far, ETS has given me the best customer service I think I've ever had on anything. I let them know I was a little nervous about modifying my current IC and they assured me it would look just like it does now, but with the tabs in the correct location.

121 - 140 of 2089 Posts