IW STi Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2089 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Detailed the car... Might be pending sale.

Awesome. I remember reading your journal years ago. Was your SHO the one with the candy red intake manifold? I haven't been arround in a very long time and going through 200 page's here is a bit much. You seem to be doing very nice work with the tuning and your car's/house etc. Keep up the good work :tup:

I watched the 1320 video. That's one badass car you got there. What car are you lined up next to in the last pic?

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,065

Thank you. Yep, the red SHO was mine. I think the guy who bought it from me in 2013 hasn't even put 500 miles on it.

The car on the right is a McLaren 720s. We should be running Street Car Takeover Atlanta in a couple weeks. Hope to turn up some more, but ultimately, we need to work on the short track as the power is there.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Disappointing outcome on the turd. Too much power in 1st and 2nd gear for the conditions?

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,068

Too much power the whole way. It was in the 30's and started raining just before we lined up. We also were not allowed to test the 2-step and left with too much sauce.

We are racing at Street Car Takeover Atlanta on Saturday. We were setup to rematch the McLaren, but he backed out. We may get to re-run the wagon... We'll see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

He backed out, LoL.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,070

Redemption was had! Zach, in the SHO, had to back out as the car started walking to the center of the track, but we knew we could compete.

And we ended the day with a 9.3 @163!

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Cool, I think I saw the video on the Book of Faces.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,072

I submitted my car at The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer last night, so I hope to have it up there soon. Once the review it and get back to me, I remembered I had some more to add. I did end up taking it for a bunch of pictures... Cleanest I've seen the car, and it's always been clean.

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts
Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

How much are you asking?

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,074

It should be on BaT in a few days. I have already submitted the auction and have received a response a few minutes ago. I guess it will go for what it goes for.

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,075

It was approved to be on BaT, but it's like a 2 week wait for them to get a draft done for me.

I realized that my phone takes better pictures than my 2010 Canon point and shoot camera, so I went out for some better pictures.

Moved my speakers into the garage. I look forward to using these in the shop when it's up. After talking with the city and such, I've had two surveys done and the architect is coming over today. Plan to break ground in the Spring at this point.

That little amplifier on the table has plenty of juice t run these speakers effortlessly above 100 db across the garage. I think I measured 110 yesterday, just to see how loud it was when I turned it up.

2061 - 2080 of 2089 Posts