IW STi Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2122 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,081 (Edited)
Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Officially For Sale!

Yes, I hope it goes to a good home as well. Thank you for sharing it.

I currently have an out of state guy that wants me to take it to have a Subaru shop look at it, his expense. I understand someone wants an unbiased check on the car, but truth be told, I'm going to know about what's going on more than most shops.

I made the offer that he could have someone come look at it, but also dropped some names of well known people that can vouch for the car. We'll see how interested he is. I have no interest in handing the car over to a shop...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

That thing will catch a pretty penny im sure. Good luck with sale and hope it goes to a good home.

Now the real question is, will you be back??

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,083

I haven't owned my SHO in almost 7 years and I still visit the SHO Forum often for helping. It's a bit different now as the SHO's I know are getting old and I don't give to craps about the EcoBoost SHO.

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts

Well at least it appears to have gone to a good home. No disrespect to the Chi folks, but looking at winners bid history landed in the better place. And he has a SHO!

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,086

Car is back on gasoline... It's definitely slower, but still peppy (that's at 8k+ ft ASL). I will be on the dyno with it tomorrow and the new owner will take it from there.

I had to do some work on cold starting, but I suspect the map I put on last night will be OEM like starting. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,087
It's been a few days since the car has been gone and... I really don't miss it. In fact, I've enjoyed the extra space of clearing out a vehicle I never drive, plus any parts I had related to the car. I'm still in the middle of cleaning, but I have started making use of the space for getting other work done.

That said, after I got the car on 91, I did a few street pulls to test and adjust. I had the car making 21 PSI up at this altitude and kept the timing in a lower, safer range based on what the new owner wanted to use the car for. In fact, at the end, I did two back-to-back pulls... First was after it had sat and cooled a little and we used the intercooler sprayer. The second pull was immediately after and did not use the intercooler sprayer... It made something like 8hp more on the second pull. That should prove to be consistent for back-to-back street stuff.

Here are the E85 vs 91 graphs, using the same dyno. It lost 45whp and 81wtq (I actually made like 10whp with timing on another set of pulls, but backed it down as the 10whp wasn't something the owner was going to feel and he was stoked for it to have 350whp, but ultimately, we ended up on the map I made on the street... Literally).

Last picture taken at my house, loaded up and heading to the dyno.

New owner picked it up from the dyno and he was there to watch the tuning.

The new owner is very cool... He's a car collector, so I imagine this car will be in good hands for a long time! He sent me pictures the next day of him and the family taking it out for a drive.

My car is gone, but I am not. I plan to continue to be active on these boards. :)

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Sad to see it go, but at least its going to a great home!

I'm still looking forward to some updates on all the killer upgrades on the S2000 as well!

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,090 (Edited)
I gotta say, I'm not particularly liking the new forum structure. I've been giving it a chance, but I just don't like it...

I've been staying pretty busy and I have to say, I haven't missed the car at all. I am still regularly tuning Subaru's, so I get my fill of frustration there :p .

I have been cleaning out the garage and filling the empty space a little more. I picked up a Polaris Ace 150 for my daughter to give her for Christmas so she can ride with us.

We were also out at PRI this past weekend, being featured in the SCE Gaskets booth. Had a great time, ran into people I hadn't seen in awhile and built some relationships with some more companies for future goals.

Here soon, I'll be focusing on the S2000... I gotta get back on the race track.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That's awesome about the Polaris. I got into dirt bikes when I was really young and it's still collectively one of my best memories of childhood, I can't think of anything that has been more fun then or now. Those types of ATVs of course weren't really around back then or I would've loved to get into those, and actually still would. That and I still want to take an old fashioned gokart frame and put a sportbike engine in it haha.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,092
Well... Been having fun with the Polaris. My daughter had probably put about 100 miles or so on it since getting it, and we've been out of town for the last week. Even a snow storm didn't stop her as she still wanted to ride!

https://www.youtube.com/v/XB3UHud14Gg

So... I have done a tune on it, but I've since ordered and exhaust and plan to tune it on the dyno. The OEM timing is blocky and lazy, so I want to actually give it the timing it wants. Since the injector is reaching a max of 35%, I am going to see what E85 will do on it as well. :) In addition to the exhaust, I ordered a smaller front gear as the thing has more top speed than power to the ground. Climbing steeper hills at over 8,000 ft above sea level becomes a little slow (although downhill, I've done 39mph!)

I did add A-arm skid plates as I figured they would be used with my daughter.

Once I'm done, it should do this more easily.
https://www.youtube.com/v/DptfcbOruMc

And don't think I have't thought about building a little turbo kit for this! I also am not looking at 2-seat RZR's... And I need to get my S2000 done, too...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Looks like she's having a blast, that's awesome. Good call on the sprockets, I always went up about two teeth on the back sprocket on my 600 sport bikes. Why in the hell do I need to be able to go 150 mph? They were a lot more responsive with the lower gearing and top speed was still way too fast.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,095
I finally made it out to TX2k, and it was a lot of work and sleepless nights. In the end, our SHO ran an 8.9 @ 170mph! We lost a hood in the process, but the 1320 Video feature will be good!

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,097
Wow, that's insane. Got some good airtime on that hood! What kind of times does that scoot scoot run?
Are you asking what times does the SHO run?

I have been using my quarantine to get my S2000 put back together. Boost on this car is fun! I pulled out of a gas station leaving two stripes rolling onto the throttle. I hope to have this on the dyno next week, but I also need a clutch before I can crank it up. Additionally, I need to wire up my EBCS so I can run more the wastegate spring pressure 5-6 PSI.

There is cardboard covering 2/3 the oil cooler as I could not get the oil temp over 159 F in the cool air.

Next, I have to bring the hood up from the basement and cut some holes in it for vents!

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,099
It'll be the TrackSpec hood vents. I bought them during a Black Friday sale about a year and a half ago. I am going to wait off to do the fender vents as this car is already going to be significantly more capable than it was.

2081 - 2100 of 2122 Posts