IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Subaru brotherhood haha! Now whenever I see an STi or WRX I always wave and they wave back. It's such a stark difference from when I owned an E55 AMG. There was no community or anything. Not sure if this exists everywhere, but in the bay area it is very prominent.

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
most places

·
Registered
33 Posts
So true, so fun! I love all the highway love too. Respectfully fell behind a black wrx today driving up from laguna seca track, checking out the kit. He slowed down after we ramped into 101 so I could drive beside and waved. Later on 101 going to 880 another white sti, musta been '17 or '16 w wing! (Mine has lip) who was cruising slow on far right when I merged over, they sped up just to go flash a peace sign. It's cute when I'm parked somewhere and there's a STI pulled up next door even when whole lot is empty, i started circling lots to look for subies to park near just for fun of it after I realized. Car culture is fun in the bay, get friendly revs and thumb ups (once even a creepy call me gesture) from non-subie all the time. It's like suddenly driving everyday became indoctrination into a giant insider video game you never knew about, but though strangers, all the players recognize each other lol...

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
I get little to no positive reaction from other Subaru enthusiasts.

I gave up throwing the peace sign, almost nobody ever acknowledges my car :(

I guess the dirt, mud, yellow-film fog lights, and rear fog light don't scream "enthusiast". Maybe I should just get a Subaru with a turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts