IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lol, I already know this mod is going to be a great one from the WONDERFUL (and yes I do mean wonderful) customer service I got when XXtuning called me about my card (as it was denied... lol I cant count and put in the wrong expiration date ;) ). The guy I talked with was VERY very nice and even though he couldnt say my last name lol ;) (hehe dont sweat it no one usually can) he was great to talk with. Thanks a ton mark salisbury for referring me and I will grab pics and reviews when I get my headers in (should be this week). So major props to the people at XXtuning for doing a great job with customer service :) cant wait to try out your headers!

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: General questions.

Why did you go with xxtuning headers and not the gt spec 2's? Headers will be my next mod so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are the gtspec 2s... sept $50+ cheaper. GTspec doesnt make their own headers and XXtuning is using the same company overseas as GTspec is. So its the same thing, sept cheaper, and its the full kit. (gaskets, bolts, etc). Same 4-1 design with velocity chambers and 3 bolt uppipe :). All stainless of course. Very nice stuff and at $450 SHIPPED, I know they wont last long.

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. So you wouldn't get the bolts and gaskets with the gt 2 headers? Man I ordering these up right now.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know about other headers, i just know the $450 shipped includes the full kit and everything. He told me (man I wish I coulda heard his name better) that hes getting 50 units in!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya Im definitely keeping them in mind for furture purchases.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha ;) Im sure they will have plenty, but Im not sure for how long they will be at $450 shipped...

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o no... not worth the measly hp gain of equal length over unequal length to lose that boxer sound. I love the sound of my car and I would not give it up for 50 more hp... well amybe 50, but not the 5hp or whatever the equal length is supposed to do over unequal length. Also unequal length usually uses 25% more piping or so and is really expensive. They have dynos of 15-20whp/tq so , im sure this will work awsomely. After this no more performance mods. Im going to work on cooling. FMIC, Godspeed radiator, Infinite Performance thermostat(or whichever Dan has - crucial racing -), platinum plugs that are 1 heat range colder, etc... :) goodies to come soon.

Robert~

·
Registered
128 Posts
Buy a VF-22 turbo and add a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump for $80

i must say the headers are great. Danny convinced me, Jack put it on all pretty at XX. I even got talked into a Ti strut brace somewhere along the way.

They were my first mod, along with the full stromung TBE w/ hi-flo cat.

Very noticeable.

Two thumbs up. XX is a great shop!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HOLY CRAP. This mod is EXCELLENT! It took my mechanic (since I had school) about 1 hour to do both uppipe and headers. Very easy adn very straightforward. The kit is 100% complete and my guy did a great job. The power is VERY VERY smooth now. Makes daily driving more enjoyable. Its a wonderful mod and a "must do". Get in on my group buy in the vendor forum!!

Wow I just got done messing around with silencer in and out, holy crap, I've never felt something so fast. Scaring corvettes is pretty sweet in a 4banger ;). Definitely do this mod, especially for $434.99 shipped!

I will get some of them on the car later...

Robert~

·
Registered
452 Posts
Having trouble with Omori 60mm gauge and Lotek 60mm Apillar

I remember reading Dan's post (Godspeed) as to you need to do some tuning to get much out of the header. I think he was referring to an ECU tuning based on e-manage at the time. Are you considering such tuning, or have you already done something?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It feels great as it is (that and temps in the engine bay, andthe temp gauge look like it has gone down considerably). I guess having wider piping allows more exhaust out teh engine faster = less buildup/friction inthe engine = less heat and what not *shrug*? Either way I really like it and now I can hear ANYTHING going on in the engine bay, luckily no pinging or det is going on ;)

Also I will be sampling a 6pack of Torco Race fuel concentrate and their GTA fuel enhancer this week (or whenever they ship them) :D

Robert~

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
XXTuning 4-1 Header and Uppipe FULL KITS $439.99!!!

can you take a pic of the collecter on the pass side near the front and side cross member? Mine is rubbing and I want to see what yours looks like (clearence wise).

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
you may have to hammer that cross-memberinto shape. It is a fitment issue.

XX actually cut into the subframe minutley to let the headers clear. No big deal once the plastic shield is off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts