IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello peeps! I'ts been 2 months now since i've purchased the 08 STI and, as a member of the IWSTI community.
I'm new to the subie world and to this type of car, so far it's been a heck of a ride! Power, performance, handling, versatility, and AWD have been the key points of me getting into the STI. I've been a big rally car fan since the late 80's (not that young anymore), and loves the hatchback/liftback models. So, when i saw the 08 STI in WRB with goldies, it was time for me to get one...yes.
So far, i've added the RA mudflaps (two days after i got the car), the PIAA yellow fog light bulbs, and the Bosch supertone horns two weeks after the purchase---yup not Hella's...mine is BOSCH. I'm currently waiting for the taillight overlays to be installed professionally (Red Smoked with cutouts). The only thing that i think, will be my last and final mod on this car is an AP stage 1 protuned. Still trying to get used to the power this car gives, especially on the sport # mode, but i've searched and learned that the AP is the best and easiest mod that one should have on an STI.
Sorry about the pics, still a noob when it comes to photography.

Christian

***Just updated the pics with the taillight overlays. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Re: Xtian's 08 WRB STI

congrats. and lol to you. That's how I started. now I'm saving for more mods :)

·
Registered
522 Posts

grats on your new car!

heh, AP stage1... that's where I thought I would stop with my 06wrx. WRONG! :lol:

You will get used to the power. And when you do, you will want more.:eek:

drive safe though:D

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

Congrats & welcome :)

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Excellent!

You MUST get a Downpipe and a Stage 2 Protune. Trust me.

AP=$500
Downpipe=$500
Protune=$300ish

IT will be a different car and safer than the Stock tune.

Good Luck

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

congrats. and lol to you. That's how I started. now I'm saving for more mods :)
Thanks LSE...lol. Well, as long as the wife do not see the mod on the car, i will be on the same boat as you for sure. :lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:wave:WOOHOO!!! You have a journal!!!! Welcome and welcome to MOD heaven!
Hey MacSTi!!! Can you belive it? After 200 posts i finally ended up making my own journal...:rofl:. I think this i going to be the start of mod-world alright. Just bear with me on that, hard to save money when you have 2 kids and the wife watching the development on the car. Thanks again for all the help with John and the AP stuff. Hope to see you guys again soon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

grats on your new car!

heh, AP stage1... that's where I thought I would stop with my 06wrx. WRONG! :lol:

You will get used to the power. And when you do, you will want more.:eek:

drive safe though:D
Thanks inpuressa, i know that this is going to be like de-ja-vu all over again from my previous cars but, i don't know if i can handle this car. As i said, still getting used to the power this car makes plus, i have the 7 year warranty on it.

Excellent!

You MUST get a Downpipe and a Stage 2 Protune. Trust me.

AP=$500
Downpipe=$500
Protune=$300ish

IT will be a different car and safer than the Stock tune.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice lidrew. I just wish i have that kind of money to spend. Tight on budget right now so, the AP stage 1 and protune is all i can dish out right now. Hopefully but the following years, stage 2 with downpipe but we'll see. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts

Nice car and pics! Love the RA URs with the matching blue. I'm in similar position in terms of getting to know the car better before more mods! I hope that I don't sound like a total wuss saying this but I haven't tamed S# yet! :p Good luck!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Nice car and pics! Love the RA URs with the matching blue. I'm in similar position in terms of getting to know the car better before more mods! I hope that I don't sound like a total wuss saying this but I haven't tamed S# yet! :p Good luck!
Thanks for the compliment Halogene. I only have 1400 miles on the car, i'm about 10-15 minutes from work (7 miles one way and lots of stop 'n go), and drive the back roads most of the time. The only way i use the sport # is on the weekends, taking it out on the highway and some nice twisty roads. I only started to enjoy the sport # mode at 800 miles so...i haven't tamed it as well...love it so much though. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts

Wow. sounds just like me. A lot of stop-and-go, short commute. I bet your MPG is similar too... (~16mpg on weekdays)!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

18.9 mpg, been a little conservative the past few weeks but when in sport mode...16 to 17mpg WOT.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

WRB looks really sweet under the sun :tup:
love the RA's on the 08's.

makes the car.
Thanks for all the compliments guys! My next mod will be the Cobb AP stage 1 protune...hopefully John (from Precision) can still do it. I'll be set for couple of years after this...or till the budget gets better. :)
any Overlay pics yet?

Bat ;)
Hi Andy! Got the overlay(s) ;) but not installed yet. Got a little busy at work so, got no time to get it done. Probably by next week, i'll post up the pics when done.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Here's new updated pics with the overlays. I have to get the third brake light and markers smoked when the tint guy have the time to do the rear windows as well. Let me know what you guys think.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts