IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a problem with the website. can i get some help

I couldnt find the thread that talked about all potential spots to put the antenna, but here goes...

for my 1998 2.5 RS: I used to have my antenna mounted under the funny trap door on the dash.

for the 2004 STI or any other new skool subaru you can easily mount the antenna under the clock! this makes the installation completely stealth and the reception works just fine as ive had this set up for over a year in my 1998 RS.

Just thought i would bring that up to all people considering doing the install..

thanks!

·
Registered
858 Posts
could be you might be in an area that is served very well by the ground repeaters.

try driving away from the city where you will need a clear LINE OF SIGHT to the birds in the sky to pick up the signals...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drive often thru the mountains to go skiing/mountain biking etc, never had any issues with reception.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Someone else posted they mounted theres on the rear deck inside the car. This really makes me re-consider XM radio because I was not real crazy about mounting an antenna on the outside of my car.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how good this sus. is?

Just got back from the car stereo installer today :) gotta love the first song on as i drove off (Classical Rock station, playing the rock song from the WRX commercial) I was all grins... It works really good is what I want to say I guess :), on my 98 RS it was under that crazy trap door, now its just under the clock, pretty much the same.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Burn mark on seat

I love the XM but live in an area of NJ where there are so many trees that interfere with the reception. I did put it on the outside. I can live with it, because it was done by the guys that did my whole install and you can't see any wiring but maybe 2". There are still some places around here that I do lose the transmission though. But I love XM and all it offers. SFRinNJ

M

·
0 Posts
Hmm, under the clock...

which antenna did you mount there. I would like to try that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would the reception be that much different for you SFR if you mounted it under the clock? It sounds like the problem is surrounding and I bet the mount location would not change anything.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i use the first generation clunky computer mouse looking one. it sits right on top of the vent ducting under the clock plastic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts