IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve read some posts from some users that Vishnu has the xede, FINALLY, available for the STI......is this true or what ??

I've looked for the STI's xede on the vishnu webpage but cant find it!!

Is it out ???

late

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Vishnu supposedly has a stage 0 or 1 ready for the STi but their website is useless. They don't answer their emails either. Right now, as a prospective customer, I'm not impressed. If they want to sell stuff, they should update their site and have their neighbor kid design them one that looks like it wasn't thrown together in frontpage, and maybe answer email inquiries from people who want to know what the he!! the status of their STi stage development is.

They were the ones I was most interested in seeing STi kits from, but right now I'm a little perplexed at their marketing strategy. It seems to be to treat everyone like mushrooms... keep them in the dark and feed them... well, you know.

End of rant... :evil:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why not use an E-Manage? $350. My stage 1 is $1150, stage 1+ is $1500 and includes an electronic boost controller as well as full fuel management. It's about 40 whp increase on pump fuel. I beieve that is both more power and less expensive than Vishnu's kits.

M

·
0 Posts
I would not recommend Vishnu or the xede at this point.

We purchased an xede from them for a WRX, and they have been completely unhelpful in every way post sale. In fact, we've had to contact the actual manufacturer of the device (chip torque) numerous times to iron out software issues that Vishnu was unwilling to work on.

The most recent thing that happened, was after about 6 months of continuous use, the unit literally died and couldn't be reset leaving the wrx stranded. Apparently, there was an error as it loaded the maps, and it froze before completing. Afterwards, if you tried to reset it, it would boot up until it realised the maps were corrupted and just hang. Calling Vishnu for a fix to flash the memory so we could reload the device, resulted in a total lack of effort on their part. Shiv said it was 'too complicated' and we would have to send the device back to him.... Great, so with 2 weeks turnaround or whatever, the car can just sit and not run.

We are probably going to switch to a Utec or some other solution, rather than deal with the exede anymore.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Dan,
Is this going to be plug-n-play or is there splicing involved? Your kit seems pretty nice and I am interested in your stuff, but the trip to get it installed would be a little excessive for me. Can a qualified mechanic install it? There is a shop around here that does UTECs, AccessEcu and UNI-chip installs (Forced Inductions in McKinney, TX), would they be able to handle this? They have an AWD dyno so they could tune it if necessary

·
Registered
357 Posts
ANy comptent shop can install. It is very simple and yes you do have to solder it in but it's not bad. I also offer support if you get confused. I would recommend an AWD dyno shop tune it. The E-Manage is VERY easy to tune and I have a few base maps both for stock and 850cc injectors.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Guru said:
ANy comptent shop can install. It is very simple and yes you do have to solder it in but it's not bad. I also offer support if you get confused. I would recommend an AWD dyno shop tune it. The E-Manage is VERY easy to tune and I have a few base maps both for stock and 850cc injectors.
Dan--
Brian Buzek here. Do you have any base maps for your stage I. As you know I have that plus Blitz Cat back. Can you send me one pre tuned alittle so to speak.
B2

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
mistkerl said:
I would not recommend Vishnu or the xede at this point.

We purchased an xede from them for a WRX, and they have been completely unhelpful in every way post sale. In fact, we've had to contact the actual manufacturer of the device (chip torque) numerous times to iron out software issues that Vishnu was unwilling to work on.

The most recent thing that happened, was after about 6 months of continuous use, the unit literally died and couldn't be reset leaving the wrx stranded. Apparently, there was an error as it loaded the maps, and it froze before completing. Afterwards, if you tried to reset it, it would boot up until it realised the maps were corrupted and just hang. Calling Vishnu for a fix to flash the memory so we could reload the device, resulted in a total lack of effort on their part. Shiv said it was 'too complicated' and we would have to send the device back to him.... Great, so with 2 weeks turnaround or whatever, the car can just sit and not run.

We are probably going to switch to a Utec or some other solution, rather than deal with the exede anymore.
Did they tell you it was a 2 week turnaround? Couldn't you just overnight it there and have them overnight it back, i.e. 3 days or so?

-st

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
ldivinag said:
just call them... sometimes good ol' talking to someone is the best thing...
That goes against the whole purpose of having a web site and a sales email address, doesn't it? Some of us like to research everything on the web before having to waste our own time as well as that of the company in question by sitting around on the phone.

If you have a web site for your business (and you should), make it relevant or expect that people will be irritated. And at the very least, have an autoresponder for your email address stating that you will get back to the person, and an estimate on when that might be.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Quick_One said:
Guru said:
Dan--
Brian Buzek here. Do you have any base maps for your stage I. As you know I have that plus Blitz Cat back. Can you send me one pre tuned alittle so to speak.
B2
I will soon. I have a client coming up soon for testing on the stage 1 and I am upgrading him to stage 1+.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Guru said:
Quick_One said:
Guru said:
Dan--
B2
I will soon. I have a client coming up soon for testing on the stage 1 and I am upgrading him to stage 1+.
Cool
Let me know when you have one ready. I need some help on the top end.
Thanks
Brian

M

·
0 Posts
Update / conclusion: As expected, Chip Torque was more than happy to provide the necessary software to reflash the xede. NO THANKS TO VISHNU, the wrx is back to sub 13s, :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also recieved poor service from Vishnu with my Stage zero on my 02 WRX.
My particular problem was a CEL caused by 1/2 to 3/4 throttle to high RPM ( 6000+ ). It would trigger the CEL everytime. Car ran the same with or without the CEL on. Just very annoying.
Did the car make more power, Yes. Did driveabilty go way down, Yes.
Once I finally got through to them ( multiple tries by email and then phone ) they told me that the problem I was having was to be expected.
Not what they told me before purchase.
I ended up parting out the pieces to recoupe my $ and put the car back to stock.
My system also had to be cut into the harness, I did this myself and it was not a major issue. Though I would not install that way again. Plug and play is really the best solution as there is no evidence of tampering.
I know there are many avid supporters of Vishnu, I am not one of them.
The web site is a joke, there service is almost non existent.
Take your chances.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts