IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
every one talks about the Vishnu stage 1, Prodrive stage kit for their sti, but have any one heard about or tried these stage kit from xcelleration for the STIs:
http://www.xcceleration.com/27.htm
Let me know if this is a reccommended company to deal with.
ps. will that 430hp stage kit cause boost creep??

·
Registered
668 Posts
yeah, no wastegate porting... which means most of that power they are claiming is coming from boost creep... potentially dangerous for the engine.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
stiperformance said:
Since they are not offering wastegate porting, I can almost guarantee boost creep.
That's the thing I don't understand about the vishnu stage 1 though. They claim they are not seeing any boost creep and act like it's an unheard of phenomenon. Any thoughts on why that would be (surely they aren't that far out of touch, are they)?

·
Registered
779 Posts
RadarOnPaws said:
stiperformance said:
Since they are not offering wastegate porting, I can almost guarantee boost creep.
That's the thing I don't understand about the vishnu stage 1 though. They claim they are not seeing any boost creep and act like it's an unheard of phenomenon. Any thoughts on why that would be (surely they aren't that far out of touch, are they)?
Maybe they aren't doing 5th gear pulls on the dyno where boost creep is most frequent.

·
Registered
85 Posts
what in the world is boost creep?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
It's been pretty well hashed out here in powertrain and modification forums, but basically when the exhaust is more free-flowing than stock, the stock turbo's wastegate is too restrictive so that boost is not controlled and builds to levels where fuel cut occurs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts