IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my STi I've been searching the internet for anyone that is making "go-fast" parts for it. All the big names have been very un-impressive. Names like Cobb and Vishnu have not come out with anything as far as I've been able to tell. The other day I stumbled on Xcceleration.com and it looks to be a very large Subaru only based company. They have a '04 STi power package that claims roughly 430hp/455ft-lbs of torque/on 91 octane fuel. They also have a dyno graph to show the results of their kit. BTW those figures are flywheel horsepower and torque. If anyone is interested they can go to Xcceleration.com and check it out. Please reply and let me know what you all think of their kit. From what i've read I am very interested in buying it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Searching...

If that is claimed with stock turbo I'd be VERY suspicious. My stage 1 is very conservative and about a 30 whp gain which is around 350 HP or so. With tweaking of the e-manage (stage 1+) you'll be at around 360 HP. 300-310 at the wheels is max on the stock turbo and it takes quite a bit of work to get that. You really need a new turbo for the big power numbers. New turbo means new injectors, new MAF pipe, new fuel pump, new intercooler and tuning.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
moved thread: looking for a shop

Before and after dyno charts would be a lot more useful....

Anyone could calibrate the system to read whatever they wanted.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i've been to that site. BIG MONEY!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but whoever said going fast was cheap.

M

·
0 Posts
I think I would trust God (guru), Vishnu, and Cobb more than some place I've never heard of...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the replies, maybe I'll just wait to see what Vishnu or Cobb come out with first. I'm in the military and we are getting ready to leave on our 6 month deployment and will be back around the middle of next year, I'll see what's avalible when I get back. I'll also have ALOT more money to spend by that time anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've benn to thier website couple of time and they seem to have lots of goodies specially those 740hp engines.. and they ask a lot of $$ for there product but i still wonder if there kit will give you 430hp/ 455ft- pounds torque... specially that at their site they dont mention nothing about their company's history.. so i'll have second thoughts b4 i go with them.. good luck and let us know what happens if you put the kit.. :) thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts