1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
I dont know what the hell is wrong with mine but the darn thing freezes up in the middle of games.......I stopped playing it.......I guess I will ship it off at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
i had the first wave of 360 in Canada. i have never had one problem with it... it's open to the air and i have the extra air cooler on the back. no problems ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have given up on XBOX and bought a PS3. I love it! Once the "Home" deal gets going, the online aspect should be much much better, maybe even more so than XBLive. But beyond that, being able to play a game without it freezing up is really nice!

·
Registered
97 Posts
never bought a 360, got a ps3... everyone of my friends that has a 360 has had a problem with it... i love my ps3 and can't wait for GT5 to come out (main reason why i bought it)

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
I bought my 360 the day the came out and haven't had one single problem with it! I don't have any after market fans or things like that ether!

Guess I'm lucky... which is odd because usually I have trouble with things like this always not working for me!

Jay

·
Registered
839 Posts
jaydow11 said:
I bought my 360 the day the came out and haven't had one single problem with it! I don't have any after market fans or things like that ether!

Guess I'm lucky... which is odd because usually I have trouble with things like this always not working for me!

Jay
Your time is coming...don't worry;) . I am on my second one but I just haven't had the urge to play it since the first one burned out on me. Forza is keeping me interested a little though... PS3 is in my sights soon .

·
Registered
762 Posts
ruffryder744 said:
never bought a 360, got a ps3... everyone of my friends that has a 360 has had a problem with it... i love my ps3 and can't wait for GT5 to come out (main reason why i bought it)
Don't hold you breath on GT5, it could be years before that hits the shelves.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeah, I heard the news yesterday. It sure makes me feel a lot better knowing that I have 3 years covered. So all those who bought the extended warranty are screwed? How does that work?

Edit-For those who wants a PS3, the 60Gb will be on sale on July 15th for $499.99 after $100.00 instant rebate at Circuit City. This could be a permanent price drop.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i waited overnight for the xbox360, and when i got home that morning, the light was blinking red around the power button, i called microsoft and they picked it up the same day (DHL) and got a new one back the next day and havent had any problems with it so far, its been a little more than a year already and no problems thank god... i also bought the PS3 and no problems, cant wait til MGS4 hits the stores..but ne ways, its nice to hear that the warranty is extended to 3years... hmm. i wonder if i put a turbo in my 360, will the warranty will be voided..:lol: that was stupid right:mad: sorry guys next time ill be funnier

·
Registered
93 Posts
jaydow11 said:

Jay
Yeah.. Just keep playing Forza on it and it'll go. MS said Forza has nothing to do with the "bricking" of machines, but it is fairly strange that MANY people have had failures after running that game.. I am sure it has nothing to do with bad "coding", but I DO think Forza taxes the processors enough to cause them to heat up to the point where it is melting the thermal paste away and causing the 3 red rings.

·
Registered
762 Posts
HotSubarus.com said:
Yeah.. Just keep playing Forza on it and it'll go. MS said Forza has nothing to do with the "bricking" of machines, but it is fairly strange that MANY people have had failures after running that game.. I am sure it has nothing to do with bad "coding", but I DO think Forza taxes the processors enough to cause them to heat up to the point where it is melting the thermal paste away and causing the 3 red rings.
I've noticed that certain games heat the system up more than others. I've never had any issues, and I've played the heck out of mine. Microsoft is taking a big hit and they really don't have to, you have to tip your cap to them for that.

I've owned just about every major system since the NES, and despite all of them having their own issues, this is the only time I've ever seen the manufactuer back up their product.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pkskull77 said:
I've noticed that certain games heat the system up more than others. I've never had any issues, and I've played the heck out of mine. Microsoft is taking a big hit and they really don't have to, you have to tip your cap to them for that.

I've owned just about every major system since the NES, and despite all of them haing their own issues, this is the only time I've ever seen the manufactuer back up their product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts