IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thecarlab.com/xbrace/index.html

Does anybody have pics of this X brace installed? I was thinking about getting this but I wanted to make sure that I do not have to drill any new holes in my car.

I tried searching for more useful info but I couldn't find it. Wasn't HSPN supposed to make a video of the install of this?

The best pic I could find was this but you cannot see under the carpet:

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Sorry, no installed pics. You don't need to drill any holes. The bottom end doesn't go under the trunk carpet at all. It bolts to the same place as the rear seat braces.

It looks like we have pretty similar suspension setups. Get the X-Brace - you'll love it. It really makes everything else feel connected and solid.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wi77iam said:
Sorry, no installed pics. You don't need to drill any holes. The bottom end doesn't go under the trunk carpet at all. It bolts to the same place as the rear seat braces.

It looks like we have pretty similar suspension setups. Get the X-Brace - you'll love it. It really makes everything else feel connected and solid.
Thanks for the info! So did you get your x brace after your pinks and Sways? I was wondering how much of a dramatic difference I would feel since I already have Pinks and sways. Does this help to reduce understeer?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I put on the pinks first, then the sways, then the x-brace. The pinks stiffened up the ride. The sways stopped the understeer. But the x-brace made everything feel more solid. Now, in a hard turn, the car remains flat and I can feel each wheel absorbing every little bump, rather than becoming upset and feeling skittish, allowing me to push it further.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So where is the best/cheapest place to buy one of these?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts