Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
scooby said:
hello Im looking for 18" sti rays for my 04 sti pls email me :eek:
Me too, looking and willing to pay good money. I may put together a group buy if there is nobody selling these.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone leased their STI ?

I found out that it cost around $3000 for 4 wheels without tires kinda expensive

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
are these what you're talking about?? (scroll down a few inches. :) ) i'm hoping to get some 5-spoke 17"s by spring. wow, are they expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I don't own an STi (only a WRX) but I was asked to look into these by another member here. To save some of you the trouble, I will tell you what I found out (or my wife did, since she can communicate in Japanese).

In Japan, these are not named Rays, although they are the manufacturer. They are simply listed as STi Alum Wheels. Through me a curve when looking for another member. In calling a few Subaru dealerships around the Osaka (Kansai) area for quotes and availability we were informed that these wheels are shipped directly from Subaru. This being the case, the 18's are not in high circulation. Meaning getting a set at a good price is pretty much impossible. Price quoted to us by vendors and dealers were all the same 66000 Yen per wheel. The going exchange rate is close to 110 Yen to the dollar, thus putting the wheel at 600 dollars each before shipping.

Be careful when looking at the rims on ebay (here or Japan). If you see 3 dimples on the rims, it is the older model and will NOT clear brembos.
If you knew all this already sorry, I am just trying to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, I am in SoCal but my wife and I frequent Japan to see her family (she was born and raised in Osaka/Kobe). That being the case, I have family back there that helps with things. Between 3 of us (my wife, a board member, and myself) we figured out the skinny on these new rims. I was just trying to save some members the headache we went through by supplying information up front.

·
Registered
120 Posts
He wants $2499 shipped with tires. Check out the classifieds, his member name is G-Force. He is also willing to sell them without tires. If I had the funds, they would have been on my car already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
revumbra said:
Be careful when looking at the rims on ebay (here or Japan). If you see 3 dimples on the rims, it is the older model and will NOT clear brembos.
If you knew all this already sorry, I am just trying to help.
wow..and all this time, I thought the "dimpled" ones were the new design! :lol:

thank you very much for the research and info. Looks like I own a very rare set of wheels! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.