IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the "dual-din" factory radio from any year Subaru that will fit my STi. Also, I'd prefer if none of the wires were cut from the connector (like some stereo shops do) and that it will literally just plug right in.

If you have an Ebay ad, then post the URL and I'll bid there...

M

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't wish the factory radio on anybody, =/

Any particular reason you don't want to install an aftermarket? With universal adapters, they also plug right in with no effort, :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I am no audiophile at all, in fact, I am ONLY installing rear speakers.. BUT...for some reason, I have to have some sort of something in the background, such as traffic reports, NPR, or the occassional FM radio...

So..I don't need any special aftermarket one..just a cheapie, if not throw away factory head unit.. believe me, it'll sound perfect to me.

If you have a factory Dual Din, shoot me an email!!!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Try ebay, I have seen some on there before.

M

·
0 Posts
first use of the logo...

I think you will find it far more expensive to get the factory stereo than to just buy a cheap aftermarket one, but good luck, if I had one, I'd give it to ya, :)

Also, out of curiosity, what is motivating you to install only 2 speakers in the rear? Why not just put them in the front if you are only doing 2 anyway?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok I have a factory WRX one that I am using in my sti. I will sell it to you ship for $165 I paid $160 for it. Its in great condition. IT takes 5 min to install.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the front sizes? Actually, I don't know why I am/was considering putting the rears only... I guess the fronts are larger and would have more volume than the tiny rears I presume...

So if you only wanted to put in 2 speakers, you'd put them in the front ?

Again..I'm no audiophile..but as long as I can hear things - I only want to install two speakers for weight savings (haha, but I'm serious)...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You can fit up to a 6.5" with spacers. Innovative sells the kits you would need. You will be able to hear them better up front and having the larger speakers will sound better.

M

·
0 Posts
If i had to do it, I would definitely put the 2 up front, it will sound far better. Also you can get component speakers, and have the tweeters mounted nice and high (if you look at your door panel, they would be behind the little grill in front of the window controls), which will make all your talk radio sound a lot better.

And, if you aren't putting amps in your car, which I don't think you are, then weight is not a concern at all. You are looking at probably less than 5 pounds of crap total, I mean, you could eat like 1 less bag of doritos a month and make up that weight savings!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.