IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive got the full helix catless TBE. I have a 06 WrX TR. My friend has a 05 STi with catless helix dp and apexi cb. My car is louder then his from outside. we've asked serveral people and mine is louder. But when inside the car my car sounds so quite compared to his. Why is this? His car you can feel the bass from the exhaust. So my question is, why is his louder inside and how could i get mine to be like that? I hate when its quiter... :D

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
Clearly the difference is your catback, and any additional sound deadening stuff the WRX has that the STi doesn't (weight savings ;)). I really have no idea though.

Why would you want more drone?

P.S. Loud doesn't mean more bass. The Cobb Turboback isn't that loud, but it's DEEP.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nandanrp said:
Clearly the difference is your catback, and any additional sound deadening stuff the WRX has that the STi doesn't (weight savings ;)). I really have no idea though.

Why would you want more drone?

P.S. Loud doesn't mean more bass. The Cobb Turboback isn't that loud, but it's DEEP.
I ment mine is more bassy then his. With my doors open i can hear way more bass then his. I duno...

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
TheAn$wer said:
So ive got the full helix catless TBE. I have a 06 WrX TR. My friend has a 05 STi with catless helix dp and apexi cb. My car is louder then his from outside. we've asked serveral people and mine is louder. But when inside the car my car sounds so quite compared to his. Why is this? His car you can feel the bass from the exhaust. So my question is, why is his louder inside and how could i get mine to be like that? I hate when its quiter... :D
start ripping out the interior/insulation.

·
Registered
323 Posts
catback, wtf mate

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Then his catback is quieter? lol. Your WRX probably has some insulation/sound deadening material which makes your cabin more quiet from outside noise; something which the STi probably does not have which is why the exterior noise is louder from inside his cabin. If you want your car to be louder from the inside, then just strip out all that material.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You said you have a full catless system and he as a catless downpipe and catback. does he still have a cat? It makes a huge difference. On my 03 I ran with one cat for over a year and never had a prob with cops. I put in a race pipe for the dyno and got pulled over 2 days later.

That and some mufflers are way louder than others.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr.C said:
You said you have a full catless system and he as a catless downpipe and catback. does he still have a cat? It makes a huge difference. On my 03 I ran with one cat for over a year and never had a prob with cops. I put in a race pipe for the dyno and got pulled over 2 days later.

That and some mufflers are way louder than others.
I dont mean to be a ass or anything, but you answerd your own question in the first part ;) Ill take out some stuff tomorrow and see if i can get some dronezors! I just get more feel for the car when i can feel the sound and stuff.. that probably sounded ghey but i ment it in a straight way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts