IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you haven't thrown down a grand for the STi you might be "SOL" - the states might be getting the majority of ALL STi's coming to N. America, and there might be only a handful coming after the first shipment (if there is even any coming here after the first shipment). Get that deposit down soon or you might be either #121 on the waiting list for Canadian STi's, or you will be waiting for the 2005's. Can't back any of that up but my dealer is very skeptical that we will see anywhere near the numbers of STi's that our neighbors to the south are. Even heard a rumor that the STi might be a one-off model year - sounds like B.S. though - would be a stupid move for SOC.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attrell Subaru of Brampton Ontario told me that I could get an STi in September but I don't know, I don't want to take a chance like that and not get one :oops:

·
Registered
28 Posts
official announcement?

The local dealership here in Edmonton said that the expected number is that after the initial shipment, canada as a whole will receive 30 STI's per month from there on out....

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was told that Canada would get 20% the total number recieved in the states... when you do the math that should be more then the 150... but.... who knows. The dealers certainly don't

:roll:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My the salesman at my dealership was really clueless, he did not know what STi means, he did not know that it came with a manual transmission....I had to tell him :eek:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
wrx_sti300 said:
My the salesman at my dealership was really clueless...
a young salesman at a different sube dealership than where i'm getting my sti thought that only 300 STIs were going to be imported per *year*. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hate to say it, but, it appears that the Canadian dealers have really fallen short. Their own website has more info then they do.... You'd think they'd want to be on top of their game..... obviously not!!!! I had to explain to one dealer that the Sti wouldn't have the same engine as the wrx... no clue about the 2.5L... I was then passed off to another dealer.... lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I changed my mind. Im getting a 2004 Impreza WRX (Blue) I took one for a test drive at "Subaru Of Missasuga" and it is amazing. I love it. New seats, new headlights, new gauges. I am picking it up this week. I will post pics once I take them

·
Registered
46 Posts
You lucky guy!!!

I went to see the 2004 WRX last friday at a dealer here in Montreal....And I should be picking up a grey one with a sun roof in June. Can't wait!

Please post the pictures of your new ride...

Alex

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm yet to see the my04 in winnipeg... They are a novelty here I think... I'm looking forward to the test drive... (It's not like I'll EVER get to test drive the Sti... until I buy one)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts