IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any experience buying equipt. online?

hey whats up guys. i was watching a best motoring video and they were testing the new sti. one looked exactly like the us spec sti, but with the jdm 2.0 liter engine. Then they had a wrx sti spec c, which looked like the sti, but with a smaller wing. my question is what are the differences between the two? suspension? twin-scroll manifold? brakes? just wondering because it seems like the spec c is a lot better than just the standard sti.

oh i found this interesting, when they did the 0-400 test, the sti spec c ran like 12.8 stock!! i was very impressed, especially since it has 280 hp compared to our 300 hp. i would love to see them test out a us spec sti vs all the jdm spec sti's and evo's. that would be sweet.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
dont ever beleive japanese manufactuers 276hp (280PS or 206kw) claim. that car would push way more power :) it is missing alot of gear from it to reduce weight, twin scroll manifold? twin scroll turbo maybe :) different suspension, one thing i like is its DCCD can go 100% to rear wheels, weeeee!!!! lots more... too tierd to keep typing

·
Registered
41 Posts
IC spray water tank is 12L (or 10?) way bigger...

strip out lots stuff for weight, suspension tuned for better performance. No AC (but optional) no radio.

Type RA Spec C can set the torque spile between 55/45 to 0/100 f/r...

Which I wonder if it's the same center diff and if a software hack can turn our STi into RWD machine. Not that you should run it as RWD for long, but just for fun and the sake of able to do it...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the EVO mag with the M3 CSL vs GT3 vs Spec C. The UK Spec C makes 335bhp and 280lb ft of torque.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow that is impressive. 335 bhp? does the extra increase in power come from the ecu and twin scroll turbo?

·
Registered
208 Posts
That hp can easily be achieved(or at least claimed) with european-at-pump-98octane-gas on our 2.5 engines! And possibly another safe 20 more hp with a proper engine re-mapping!

Just wait a bit more if you want to drive a 350hp bone stock STi!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Please remember that European pump octane is RON only (Japan also). 98 RON is about the same as 92-93 (RON+MON/2) that we use here in the US.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Re: New STi mats for sale.

really? i didnt know that, best fuels in aust are 98ron's mobil has one, BP and shell... do you have a website i could read more about this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
WRX_XB9R said:
Please remember that European pump octane is RON only (Japan also). 98 RON is about the same as 92-93 (RON+MON/2) that we use here in the US.
European 98octane is actually ~92 octane in here...What I mean is USDM Sti's are 'de-tuned' for US-91octane(even lower for warranty purposes) because it's the common 'premium' gas that can be found across the country.
You wouldn't believe how octane sensitive our cars are, try Sunoco GT100 if you can for once, and you'll see ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
bitabur said:
That's not 100% rear, its 100% lock.
or is it 100% free? because 65 rear 35 front is diff free, 50/50 is diff lock. Then wont' it mean diff free?

but I guess what I am really wondering is if the Spec C diff is the same as the USDM STi diff. If so, then at 65/35, the center diff is not completely free, and is possible to reprogram the computer to get 100% rear torque distribution. Then that would be really cool...

·
Registered
396 Posts
2004 Silver WRX STi looking to trade trunk

RS WRC said:
Do you have inside info or what?

The 05 model year will show almost no changes to the impreza line, but in 06, we are due for a complete overhaul of the impreza line. I suspect this is when some changes will come our way. This all is assuming Subaru follows their 2 year minor update and 4 year major update schedule that they have been on.

-Lance

·
Registered
208 Posts
what I meant was to wait a bit more for some reliable aftermarket parts/tricks to apply... I dont know anything about '05 STi...

mx270a said:
RS WRC said:
Do you have inside info or what?

The 05 model year will show almost no changes to the impreza line, but in 06, we are due for a complete overhaul of the impreza line. I suspect this is when some changes will come our way. This all is assuming Subaru follows their 2 year minor update and 4 year major update schedule that they have been on.

-Lance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts