IW STi Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: 2015 WRX/STI Complete Sound Solution: Sub(s) + Amps + Tweeters + Plug & Play

I'm good with this as well, i even spoke with you on the phone today about the HK system!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: 2015 WRX/STI Complete Sound Solution: Sub(s) + Amps + Tweeters + Plug & Play

How long before we see support for 2016 WRXs with NON-Navigation/NON-HK Starlink systems? Looking at what options are available and I'm really liking this set-up.
Also, can I ask where your parts are manufactured from?
Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 · (Edited)

How long before we see support for 2016 WRXs with NON-Navigation/NON-HK Starlink systems? Looking at what options are available and I'm really liking this set-up.
Thanks for your feedback.

Support for the 2016 WRXs (VA) is here @ejicon!!! Full compatibility both in terms of integration and EQ Tuning.

Our sound solutions are designed, engineered and produced exclusively in Southern California. Our Speakers and Electonics are built overseas to our precise specification meeting ALL stringent OEM requirements. Our parts are not used in other applications or by other companies. Made specific to each of our solutions.

For more information regarding our manufacturing process, attention to detail and reliability (10yr / 100,000 mile tested), send us a PM or give us a call :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Has anyone purchased the HK upgrade and can comment on the improvement it makes? I'm seriously on the fence about ordering it but I'm itching to do it. PLEASE if anyone has purchased it respond or PM me with their thoughts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone purchased the HK upgrade and can comment on the improvement it makes? I'm seriously on the fence about ordering it but I'm itching to do it. PLEASE if anyone has purchased it respond or PM me with their thoughts.

I have the HK system on my car and puchased THE 400+ system because I have an aftermarket HU. Im getting them installed this thursday and ill see how that goes!

·
Registered
740 Posts

If I was looking to purchase this is this link working? I have a 2015 with the HK system.. I HATE THE HEADUNIT.. Does it even make sense to get this or go with a different HU and the 400+? Just curious what options are available? I was originally just going to swap out my HU but this might be an interesting option to go with..

Image Link

Without further ado - After months of research (and patience - Thank you!)

We have completed our research and development on the O+ Upgrade for HK owners. Because of the HK system is a CAN-Bus closed loop system - The head unit is strictly tied-in to the amplifier and cannot be separated. offer a compatible and demonstrable improvement to the overall sound quality of the system has been achieved!!

This kit is comprised of the following:

- Vehicle Specific Subwoofer System: 8" Dual Voice-Coil / 14-liter Sealed Enclosure
- Dedicated subwoofer amplification (Integrated to back of assembly for space savings and ease of installation).
- In-line compensation filters for the dash and front door speakers addresses HK tonal balance issues.
- Wiring harness features splice-less connectivity.

The O+ Upgrade for HK Owners (Available Now for $799)

Questions / Requests?! Let them be known.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Since the day I bought my 2016 sti with the new hk sound system, I've been researching to see who has successfully installed an aftermarket sub/amp, I found oem audio+, which is an amazing solution, but doesn't help with the fact that I already own a very nice JL Audio sub and amp. I reached out to OEM Audio+ to see if they could help, and they are! I sent them my JL amp and they mated it with their custom amp rack so mine will mount where their system mounts! They then we're able to take all my setup info such as sub and amp info and build me a custom harness! This harness will intergrate into my FACTORY setup, no cutting wires, no splicing, plug and play! They even built the speaker wires that will go to my JL SUB!! How cool is that? I was informed today that it is ready to ship out to me, now I just have to remove my Factory Sub in the rear lid behind the seats (better sound quality per oem audio+), and build my sub box (fiberglass) and I'll have a rocking system and zero modified wires!

The big appeal here is the fact that they have been extremely helpful, responsive, and informative. The issue with the new HK setup is that the wire to tap for a remote wire is a constant level to the amp, the amp then defines the level from that point on. So basically I would have to tap a speaker wire to get the hi/lo converter to work. While this could be an option, I don't want to track down what wires to use, I don't want to TAP any wires, and I don't want to have it sound like junk. This solution allows me to have a clean crisp sound, without any wire damage.

I'll post more once I have the full install done!

Thanks OEM Audio+

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I have the HK system on my car and puchased THE 400+ system because I have an aftermarket HU. Im getting them installed this thursday and ill see how that goes!
(One year+ later...) Excuse our delayed follow up on this @dinhhhh how did everything go with your installation? We hope this message finds you well and enjoying your O+ sound solution!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·

If I was looking to purchase this is this link working? I have a 2015 with the HK system.. I HATE THE HEADUNIT.. Does it even make sense to get this or go with a different HU and the 400+? Just curious what options are available? I was originally just going to swap out my HU but this might be an interesting option to go with..
@thedru13 we realize it's been over a year since your previous comment. Were you ever able to connect with the O+ team to get your questions answered?

141 - 150 of 150 Posts