IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 2015 WRX/STI Complete Sound Solution: Sub(s) + Amps + Tweeters + Plug & Play

OEMAudioPlus - Looking to purchase the 400+ system out in Pennsylvania, do you have any dealers/installers out this way? Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Re: 2015 WRX/STI Complete Sound Solution: Sub(s) + Amps + Tweeters + Plug & Play

TheAnser;4120853 Pennsylvania said:
Hey Anser!!

Thank you for reaching out. Please PM us your Zip code and we'll see if we can find an installer in your area ASAP!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Will this work with the factory upgraded kicker speakers and would their be any benefit over the standard speakers?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·

Will this work with the factory upgraded kicker speakers and would their be any benefit over the standard speakers?

Yes! The System 400 / 500+ Will absolutely work with the Kicker speaker upgrade. Not necessarily any extra benefit over the factory speakers. The reason we tune each system working with whichever drivers are present to meet our standard of sound quality.

Our recommendation, if you have the kicker speakers already, Great! If you don't have them yet let us show you what we can do in regards to retuning and optimizing your factory speakers. Then from there decide whether you want to upgrade the drivers or not (might save a few bucks). You won't believe the sound quality we get out of the factory drivers when tuned properly ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts

I placed my order of an OEM Audio + 400 system for my 2015 WRX last night. Took advantage of their $100 off and free shipping deal.

I have dabbled in car audio for years and have a lot of experience with home audio. In my BRZ, I really debated OEM Audio + vs piecing together a system. I pieced one together and really had second thoughts the whole time that I should have gone the OEM Audio + route due to the DSP.

I have owned the WRX for almost a year now and just could not do the stock audio anymore. I am pretty excited to get the system and will be happy to provide feedback and comparison to systems I have had in other cars.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
145 Posts

Does anyone know if these systems get rid of the rattle from the speaker in the passenger side door?

I don't see any way to "tune" that out without some type of sound deadening, but maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·

Any word on the HK compatibility?
lstillman, so sorry for the 2 month delayed response - Unacceptable!! YES, huge updates in regards to the HK compatibility. We will be debuting our solution specific to this system setup at Subaru Summer Solstice (June 28) - Though we'll release the Info and Product as soon as everything is finalized.

We've prototyped a plug and play upgrade that takes the sound system to the next level - Bringing clarity, reducing the rattles caused by the HK system as is and producing deep, non-localized bass reproduction. MORE TO FOLLOW.

Does anyone know if these systems get rid of the rattle from the speaker in the passenger side door?

I don't see any way to "tune" that out without some type of sound deadening, but maybe I'm wrong.
As a matter of fact STi and coffee, we are able to retune out a lot of the artifacts experienced with the stock system that distract from clean sound reproduction (such as rattles, colorization and distortion). This is one of those added benefits of the kit - More in terms of loudness and output (All the while adhering to our signature sound of Clean, Crisp, Clear) amidst removing the things that took from the musicality of the factory system.

Great question!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts

I'm interested in this system however, I ordered a 2016 WRX. I'm assuming the STARLINK unit will require some tailoring from you for the system to work as desired? If so how long would you roughly estimate your system to be available for the 2016's after the 2016's reach the customers? Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts

lstillman, so sorry for the 2 month delayed response - Unacceptable!! YES, huge updates in regards to the HK compatibility. We will be debuting our solution specific to this system setup at Subaru Summer Solstice (June 28) - Though we'll release the Info and Product as soon as everything is finalized.

We've prototyped a plug and play upgrade that takes the sound system to the next level - Bringing clarity, reducing the rattles caused by the HK system as is and producing deep, non-localized bass reproduction. MORE TO FOLLOW.

As a matter of fact STi and coffee, we are able to retune out a lot of the artifacts experienced with the stock system that distract from clean sound reproduction (such as rattles, colorization and distortion). This is one of those added benefits of the kit - More in terms of loudness and output (All the while adhering to our signature sound of Clean, Crisp, Clear) amidst removing the things that took from the musicality of the factory system.

Great question!!!
Nice. I'm definitely interested in this system, but can you personally attest to that rattle being gone in the 2015 STi model without any deadening whatsoever? That problem doesn't seem to be completely a tune problem, but a fault in the door panel on that side because I never hear rattles in any of the other doors. Also, when I apply firm pressure to the door handle bezel that juts out (that the window buttons rest in) the rattle almost completely vanishes. Either way, I'm seriously considering this setup and wish there was somewhere near the Raleigh, NC area that I could audition it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·

Yep "Rattle-Be-Gone" in terms of the frequencies that causes the common factory panel rattle.

Now if you're experiencing the rattles you're describing - The type that can vanish when pressure is applied. I would encourage identifying that location and applying dum-dum or double sided tape to that location because it is a result of a loose panel.

No Raleigh demo vehicles that we know of.. However we'll keep our ear to the ground!! Let us know how we can be of assistance in augmenting your STI listening experience.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·

Recent Upload: A/B Sound Comparison by SubiSpeed.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that are limitations to this "Sample." Both the microphone used, your headphones and/or computer speakers will not properly reproduce the audio as would be experienced sitting in the acoustic environment of the vehicle. Without further ado:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·

Without further ado - After months of research (and patience - Thank you!)

We have completed our research and development on the O+ Upgrade for HK owners. Because of the HK system is a CAN-Bus closed loop system - The head unit is strictly tied-in to the amplifier and cannot be separated. offer a compatible and demonstrable improvement to the overall sound quality of the system has been achieved!!

This kit is comprised of the following:

- Vehicle Specific Subwoofer System: 8" Dual Voice-Coil / 14-liter Sealed Enclosure
- Dedicated subwoofer amplification (Integrated to back of assembly for space savings and ease of installation).
- In-line compensation filters for the dash and front door speakers addresses HK tonal balance issues.
- Wiring harness features splice-less connectivity.

The O+ Upgrade for HK Owners (Available Now for $799)

Questions / Requests?! Let them be known.

will this work with the NON-NAV HK speakers?
I have a 2015 WRX limited with Nav package and Harman Kardon speaker upgrade. Is the compatibility the same with that system?
Any advancement with the harman kardon compatibility yet?
Would you be open to just selling two subs and amps as an add-on to the HK system?

·
Registered
75 Posts

Image Link

We have completed our research and development on the O+ Upgrade for HK owners. Because of the HK system is a CAN-Bus closed loop system - The head unit is strictly tied-in to the amplifier and cannot be separated. offer a compatible and demonstrable improvement to the overall sound quality of the system has been achieved!!

- Vehicle Specific Subwoofer System: 8" Dual Voice-Coil / 14-liter Sealed Enclosure
- Dedicated subwoofer amplification (Integrated to back of assembly for space savings and ease of installation).
- In-line compensation filters for the dash and front door speakers addresses HK tonal balance issues.

I ordered the 2016 WRX Limited with the HK/NAV combo. Since they changed the headunit, but not the internals (I don't believe anyways) any idea yet if this plug n play will work with the new cars?

·
Registered
145 Posts

Image Link

Nice...this is actually what I need since I have the HK system, but I have a question. If I get sound deadining installed in my doors to completely eliminate the rattling, will the tonal adjustments made for this system be compromised negatively in any way or throw off the acoustics that you guys used in your testing? Did you guys use sound deadining in your testing at all?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·

will the tonal adjustments made for this system be compromised negatively in any way or throw off the acoustics that you guys used in your testing?
Brilliant question STi and Coffee!! We are so stoked you're aware of the differences deadening can have on our signature acoustic measuring.

We evaluated strictly a stock STi / WRX HK system. It would be difficult to speculate what effect your deadening will have on the overall listening experience - However the chief question we have to address your inquiry would be; How did the addition of your deadening affect the sound reproduction (apart from eliminating the rattles)? Were there any gains or losses in terms of Mid range?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts

Yep, completely compatible. New head unit. Same installation process! Thank you for confirming General Klinger.
I am still a month away from receiving my car, but to confirm, this is plug n play right?

Just run the wiring harness to a connection somewhere in the trunk? I don't want to mess with running wires and pulling panels from the back of the car to the front.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Brilliant question STi and Coffee!! We are so stoked you're aware of the differences deadening can have on our signature acoustic measuring.

We evaluated strictly a stock STi / WRX HK system. It would be difficult to speculate what effect your deadening will have on the overall listening experience - However the chief question we have to address your inquiry would be; How did the addition of your deadening affect the sound reproduction (apart from eliminating the rattles)? Were there any gains or losses in terms of Mid range?

Thank you!!!
Send me a free system and I'll be your guinea pig. :D

121 - 140 of 150 Posts