IW STi Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Thanks WRXhauls for the Official news from SCCA. The STi is officially excluded from STX.

I am going to write to the SCCA to find out what they are planning to do with our STi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine asked Howard Duncan about the STi, he (unofficially) said that the car would likely be put in BS, or possibly bumped straight to SP. Which would suck ass. If the ITR doesnt get bumped to SP the STi better not.

S

·
0 Posts
"*fixed* position calipers"?

Well, the preliminary word is in and JJ was correct the EVO 8 and the STi have BS written all over them. :lol:

See the text of an email from SCCA answering my question, 'Which Solo I/II (Autocross) class will the STi be placed in?'

Hi, Michael,

At this time, the Solo Events Board (SEB) is reviewing the Subaru WRX STi and the Mitsubishi EVO 8. It looks like both cars may go to B Stock with the BMW M3 (E30) (E36) cars.

I hope this is helpful.

Doug Gill
SCCA Solo Technical Manager
1-800-770-2055
[email protected]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Stereo options from Japan...

In that category, I think these cars should be outlawed. The canned the E36 adn E46 M3, IMO there's nothing else that would be able to compete with cars like the EVO/STi.

:evil:
This is part of my frustration with auto racing at all levels and all classifications of the sport. Be it F1, WRC, Solo I & II, you name it: they are all regulated so that the cars are within a hair's breadth of each other. F1 limits everything down to max RPMs to make sure no one can build a better car and win. I _think_ the idea is to make it so that the best driver/team wins, but in my opinion it has been pushed closer to whoever has a lucky season wins. Just my .02 of course!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I am actually thinking that if the SEB does put the STi in BS, you all better enjoy it because the next year we will be bumped up to AS- with all of the power that we are getting and the fact that we DO get both LSD's and the DCCD, I would say that we would supposedly on paper at least be competitive with other cars in AS such as the E46 M3, etc, etc...

Good news/bad news. :)/:(

I still say that if that happens, SM will b e the best place for most owners.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts