IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know I've been staring at the STi steering wheel for a while and let me say: I'm unimpressed. IMO I believe the steering wheel from my '03 wrx was both better looking and felt better.

I want to get everyone else's opinion on this issue because I'm seriously thinking of swapping the thing for an old '03 wrx steering wheel. Maybe get a matching momo shift knob. Whadda ya think?

M

·
0 Posts
I have been considering the idea of painting the entire STi steering wheel black. I think it would look a lot better if it was just one color, :)

I think comfort/use wise, it is equal to the WRX stocker, no better no worse.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amdmaxx said:
Since when momo steering wheels consider bad?
Is it a MOMO steering wheel? I didn't think so. I would expect it to have a huge MOMO logo if it were but I could be wrong.

Anyway I never said it was bad just that I was unimpressed. It looks kinda tacky. I just don't like the grey plastic thing. Not that I think it can be changed, I'm sure its the best material to put there considering there is an airbag underneath. However, I think the WRX steering wheel just looked nicer, didn't have as much of a cheap feeling to it as the STi steering wheel.

This is a matter of looks mostly and quality. I noticed that on the back side of the STi steering wheel there is some loose steering wheel leather.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are the WRX and STi wheels the same diameter? I could have sworn someone told me the STi was smaller, which I personally prefer.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I believe the STi wheel is a little bit smaller than the WRX wheel .. . but the WRX looks SOOOO NICE. :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
No one knows the LAW like a LAWyer

simon13elmont said:
amdmaxx said:
Is it a MOMO steering wheel? I didn't think so. I would expect it to have a huge MOMO logo if it were but I could be wrong.
You ARE wrong. :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Headers sale

googe said:
simon13elmont said:
amdmaxx said:
You ARE wrong. :lol:
That's not exactly a good thing considering how unimpressive the thing is. You would expect a MOMO steering wheel to stand out. This steering wheel looks and feels very average. :-?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey stiperformance. Do you or anybody else know where I can get that steering wheel you've just pictured?

That is the best steering wheel I have ever seen. Sparco also has an electronically displayed steering wheel but nothing like that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nevermind I found it. Its called the ThStack ST8600 Steering Wheel Dash System. That electronic display goes for $2700. lol.

Gotta get me one of those in the future.

·
Registered
546 Posts
fog light wiring modification: How?

stiperformance said:
Now, here is the wheel you should go with...
what gauge pod is that? :p

·
Registered
326 Posts
The regular WRX momo wheel feels like your driving a bus compared to the STi

·
Registered
186 Posts
The STi wheel is a couple inches smaller in diameter verses the wrx wheel. I would take the sti wheel in a heart beat but the only disadvantage is that its a little harder to drive with your knees ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts