IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Soon to be STi owner here...few questions

So I'm in the process of sourcing parts needed for my audio project. I plan to put two half-DIN sized units where the clock goes. It seems the guage pod that is used on the WRX would be perfect for this. I have found it at:

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/acc-wrx.html

but they seem to have 2 different kinds. They advertise the WRX one and the STI one as being different, with the STI one being $5 more. I can't see Subaru changing something minor like that just for the STI. What can really be different between them? The interior plastic color didn't change for the MY04s did it? Do they just want $5 extra because it going on a STI or something?

-Lance

·
Registered
963 Posts
mx270a said:
So I'm in the process of sourcing parts needed for my audio project. I plan to put two half-DIN sized units where the clock goes. It seems the guage pod that is used on the WRX would be perfect for this. I have found it at:

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/acc-wrx.html

but they seem to have 2 different kinds. They advertise the WRX one and the STI one as being different, with the STI one being $5 more. I can't see Subaru changing something minor like that just for the STI. What can really be different between them? The interior plastic color didn't change for the MY04s did it? Do they just want $5 extra because it going on a STI or something?

-Lance
Did you also notice that the price difference is actually more than $5, as in $65?

The WRX gauge pack says that it includes the gauge housing, whereas the STi gauge pack says no such thing... and the housing is an extra $60...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see where your going with this since they have some tricky wording as a description. Says it replaces the clock, but no mention of including the housing.

I was talking of just the housing though, not the whole guage pack.
WRX guage housing = $60
STI guage housing = $65

I thought both cars had the same interior panels and therefore both of these parts are really the same part. Kind of like they get an extra $5 premium because its going in a STI.

I just went ahead and ordered the STI one as its only $5 and not worth the risk of having the wrong part. Now I just need a STI to put it in.

-Lance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts