IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AP blew up when I plugged it in....It just went "POP" and started stinking. It doesnt turn on anymore even tried it in the car... What now. Even if I get another AP isnt my car still married to this one that doesnt work... Some advice please help!

· retired mod
4,316 Posts
I would send Cobb an email and let them know whats happenend and that you will be calling Monday morning.

· Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I would expect they will treat you well. It's their style in my experience. Any more details on the circumstances that caused it blow?

· retired mod
4,316 Posts
Yes, as long as you dont jump on the phone all mad and demanding, Cobb will treat you well. It is something they are known for... customer service.

· Registered
91 Posts
Remember that tomorrow is a holiday and I would guess they might not be working. But I could be wrong.

· Registered
464 Posts
Thats funny, same thing happend to me..sort of. I pluged my AC adapter into my AP and all I got was a blank green screen, same thing happend when I pluged it into the car.

I called Cobb right away, they told me to send it back to get it fixed under warranty. Make sure you call them because they'll give you an repair authorization number that you need in order for them to fix it. You'll also have to go to their website and print out a return form

So today I shipped it out 2nd day air. I hope I get it back ASAP because I need to load a new map!

BTW my AP is 11 months old.

Good luck

· Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for the really late update, been gone for a while. Anyway Cobb is has amazing customer service, the people were professional and nice. They took care of my AP in less than a week and apoligized saying it was a flook deal. I would recommend Cobb to anyone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.