IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Prodrive / Xtrac designed gearbox used on the Subaru World Rally Teams WRC2008 Impreza has been shortlisted for the Professional Motorsport World Expo Powertrain Innovation of the Year award.

The Prodrive and Xtrac designed gearbox used by the Subaru World Rally Team in the all-new Subaru Impreza WRC2008 has been shortlisted for the prestigious Powertrain Innovation of the Year Award at Professional MotorSport World Expo, an annual industry show for motorsport professionals.
The only H-pattern gear box left in the WRC, the WRC2008's 6-speed electro-hydraulic paddle-shift operated transmission was designed through an 18 month development partnership between Prodrive and Xtrac. This new transmission design sports 12 millisecond shifts, all internal oil lines, and 9kg lighter than the previous generation.

Source: HSPN News

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice find method.

Wish that I could get my hands on some technology like that.

Nick

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've heard this term a few times in the last week.
What does "H-Pattern gearbox" mean?
Besides it being in the pattern of an H ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Paddle shifters? 12ms shifts? I want one!!

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
hhhmmm.......perhaps my next mod:D too bad they are on a leased basis, cost 100k and have to be rebuilt every 1k miles

hey Vir Eurorally........too bad that this is the one Prodrive bit you will never have for your car! Look all you want but you will never have one!!:D

·
Registered
504 Posts
I vote to get it and use it in my car as a shop expense and tax write off.:rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts